My New Throttle Body RIPS!!!!!!!

BABolt

Established Member
Don't ask me how it does just ask Lidio from Alternative Auto.
fd6c9673.jpg

BABolt

Established Member
This is a close up of the throttle body and modified inlet adapter on my red "03" Cobra vert.
fd6c95fa.jpg

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Love the "Cobra" printed on the top

What was done to the inlet adapter?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
A Ford single blade TB on my 96 KB Cobra added almost 10RWHP.
With the KB the intake did not need to be modified.
I would be interested in upgradeing the TB on my 03.
We need dyno numbers from this and other TB's on the market..Dyno numbers from another 03 Cobra..

Jim V.

BABolt

Established Member
Hi,
There is no current single blade or oval design that will fit an unmodified Cobra intake, be it the 1996 design or the most current "03" design. My design is an hour glass shape and fits the unmodified manifolds and performs just that much better when modifications are made. It is a bolt on item. I have not posted my dyno number as I am not trying to push a product based on my results. I have put product into the hands of a select few racers and I am letting them do the test. Check with Alternative Auto and see their results. I did not believe them when Lidio called me, they were that good.

03Coupe

Established Member
Alright someone give me the number for Lido from Alternative Auto so I may see what kind of numbers this thing produced.

Thanks,

03Coupe

03Coupe

Established Member
By the way , just wondering if you have these available yet and any idea what they are going to sell for.

Thanks,

03Coupe

BABolt

Established Member
I was able to get my “03” Cobra squeezed into the lineup at the SVTOA Dyno Day at Livernois MotorSport. I had my “HourGlass design” throttle body and modified inlet adapter on and the vehicle made 398.1 corrected STD HP and 388.2 corrected STD torque. My next plan is to make a pulley modification and then have a chip installed to correct air / fuel and timing so that this new found power can be managed. I will scan and post the dyno sheet later.

fd6beb36.jpg

BABolt

Established Member
Another shot to prove that I was there. Results will be posted at the SVTOA web site (southeastern Michigan).
fd6bea78.jpg

XtraVenom03

Established Member
what else do you have on that car? 398 is a lot of power if thats the only thing you got done to that car? if right now the avg. 03 is putting down 360 to the wheels and you added that TB to 38 more to the wheels then that would be AGAIN another mod to have on this amazing 03 Cobra.:) And maybe something I should do as well :p

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
So were your previous runs STD also?

381 before, 398 now, (if we're talking apples and apples STD to STD). This run is 382 SAE.. if the before was SAE then this dyno alone doesn't show the whole story (area under the curve). From the SOTP dyno you're saying there is a big difference I gather.. can you overlay the two dyno graphs using the same measure?

Thx BABolt!

Jerry

BABolt

Established Member
Sorry I can't overlay the two different plots. This dyno run was done on a whim, as I had no plans on making a run today. Is the car making more power? Yes. What I need to do is go back to my base dyno and make several new run plus to tune at this point in time to bring the power up. That is why I referred people to Lidio's site and to review his information as he has done back to back test. Please note I am just trying to report data and have no desire to push anything else. I have one goal in mind and that is to have my vehicle make about 425 HP at the rear wheels. I have several other cars that make way in excess of this level of power. This one here is just a short-term toy. If you look at the photos what you will see are thought starters, something that maybe other can even improve upon. For those that need to know the car has a Bassani X- pipe and a K&N filter along with my reworked upper intake manifold and the "HourGlass" Throttle body. What will come next week are my reworked blower drive and my Pro Pipe with the Mass Air Sensor incorporated within.

BABolt

Established Member
Two designs of the throttle body will be produced. One that will work with the production style upper intake adapter and the other one very much like the Lightning one that I have offered for several years. There will also be a new upper intake adapter available soon that will have all the restrictions removed and will offer greatly improved air flow. Basically I am testing pre-production items right now and posting the preliminary information. As soon as product is ready I will inform anyone that is interested where they may purchase the items.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Hey BABOLT, I saw ya there (dyno day), nice pull man!

I did not know that as your 'handle' though. Wish I would have though to look closer at that shiny intake.

I remember you saying "Bassani O/R X" was on there. Car was still very quiet though. It was barely noticable.

Kepp us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread