My new toy. Deuce and a half

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Either, Detroit or Overson Engineering, makes a locker for those Rockwell axles. A friend of mine built a rock crawler with a pair of the steering axles and used the lockers front and back. Has never had a problem with them. He did remove the hubs from the Rockwells and made them full time 4x4.
Bad ass Deuce!

Last edited:

M3xpress

Established Member
Very cool. Some friends and I went riding around in my friend's Deuce this weekend. He just finished putting some locking hubs on it. It's fun offroad, but it's great to look at people's reactions on the street.

He was able to find a pristine one with only 44hrs on it, best 2700 bucks he's ever spent IMO.

His GF's Dad got one recently as well, not as pretty, but mechanically in good shape. It's a M109 so it has a box instead of a bed on it, but he got it for 1600 bucks, can't beat that when you think about how that truck was a little over 90k new back in the day not counting inflation.

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Well I picked it up. What was supposed to be a cruise through the mud on the way back turned into a 5 hour recovery effort. We tried for 2 hours to pull it out with my F250 then a guy showed up in a blazer but the thing wouldn't budge. I pulled it into a hole that didn't look deep at all but there was FEET of mud and the front end went strait down. Luckly I ended up getting stuck right by the UPS parking lot so a wrecker was able to winch me out, and it took a SERIOUS freaking wrecker to do it. Here's some pics.

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Not gonna lie, when I seen duece and a half for your new toy, I thought you might have pics of a woman on here or something, lol.

Nice Jeep, way to break her in properly on the first trip out!

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
No they are wide open and there is tons of mud. We got my buddies F-150 buried where the frame was sitting on the ground last weekend. there are two entrances. The one has like a hidden entrance by the waste management plant while the other one is obvious and right off of linton hall.

I'll add a word to the wise. After my pass through with my deuce and several passes back and forth in the F250, I wouldn't take anything with any less than 35-37 tires through there for awhile. Even then your still probably going to have to be in it to win it, the deuce and the F250 dug the trail DEEP.

Users who are viewing this thread