My New Truck

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
1L3F-12B57S-AB
Thats mine ..

From doing some research on my truck .. apparantly all his mods were purchased through RPM outlet including the #6 Crank Pulley Set with gatorback belt, AirRaid CAI, Moroso Trans Pan, valve body, and Phantom guages ... they are all sold at RPM outlet and he has a RPM outet sticker on that intake box along with the other above mentioned parts .. I think it has the american thuner cat back exhaust as well .. I think first, I'm gonna drop the lightning on some 01 style 20 inch chrome svt wheels for daily driving and keep the stockers with some DR's on them for the track, tint it, throw a bed cover on, fix the fog lights, get the rear bump repainted since it has a chip in it, then move onto Long Tubes w/ Catless mid, 4.10's and a few other small things and get it tuned before throwing in a built short block and having my heads worked over for next summer when we have a quarter mile track here in charlotte nc ... so then I can just get the blower ported and blue printed and a nice shot of the juice for the track or whipple it but I'm a nitrous junky haha ..

Anyway just thought I'd share some plans and Ryan if you can get back to me on that part number it would be great .. I'm Drew btw !

if this is going to be your DD... 4.10's might not be right way to go, 3.73's i think would be a better choice

Last edited:

todd abbott

Established Member
IMO before I did anything I'd want to know who's tune is in it and where I stand, is it fat / lean or what? Followed by is it a chip or a handheld thats MIA, get the tune right before you do anything, you sure as hell don't want a canned RPM tune from an unknown device, from there mod away but there's no sense in doing wheels or appearance mods only to have it sit in the driveway with a blown motor. Side note- is it me or does that upper blower pulley look a bit small for OEM? The blowers obviously been painted and therefor been off the truck for more than an intercooler fix, this opens up more questions, as I mentioned the upper pulley looks small to me and may be an upgrade also has the blower been ported?

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
IMO before I did anything I'd want to know who's tune is in it and where I stand, is it fat / lean or what? Followed by is it a chip or a handheld thats MIA, get the tune right before you do anything, you sure as hell don't want a canned RPM tune from an unknown device, from there mod away but there's no sense in doing wheels or appearance mods only to have it sit in the driveway with a blown motor. Side note- is it me or does that upper blower pulley look a bit small for OEM? The blowers obviously been painted and therefor been off the truck for more than an intercooler fix, this opens up more questions, as I mentioned the upper pulley looks small to me and may be an upgrade also has the blower been ported?

Yes, I totally agree, I'm going to be getting the truck to the tuner and on the dyno for a check up and new tune asap. But like I said before, this truck isn't stock but I'm not 100 percent sure of the mods, I haven't had the blower off to know if its been ported ... I'll def. be checking b/c I'm going to be stripping the paint down and getting the engine parts repainted since some spots on of the paint have chipped etc .. So hopefully over the next few weeks I'll have time to dive head on into this truck ..

And about the gear, why not 4.10's ? Just from my personal experience they were great in my chevy ... I had built 4l60e with a eaton locker and 4.10's the truck ran a 100 125 and 150 shots and I never got annoyed by the 4.10 .. so not sounding controversial but just from an educational standpoint .. whats so bad about 4.10's in a lightning ?

Thanks !

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member

if the upper had been swapped and he had it ported along with a 6#'er i think he'd be seeing more than 13-14psi, i have a 6lb pulley only and see 15lbs

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
I had to throw in a new battery today. I've been noticing it having some struggles starting the past day or two and today it didn't want to turn over for about 10 minutes .. So I had my brother check it up at toyota and the battery was def. gone .. An OPTIMA red top has a new home now and the truck runs perfect !!

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
Nice L you got there! I whouldn't be getting on it till you no it has a tune. It takes nothing to pop these motor's :(

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
I'm not anymore. . I did a few times when i test drove it .. but since I've had it home i've been almost keeping it out of boost .. which is easy to do .. but very hard at the same time hahaha ....

Users who are viewing this thread