My New Truck

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
As stated in my other post about fog lamps, I just picked up a 00 Lightning and this is my first Ford Truck as My mustang was my first non chevy vehicle ...

Here is where my questions start ..

I know the truck isn't completely stock ... I'm seeing 13-14 lbs of boost in full throttle on my aftermarket gauge .. it almost sounds like it has a mild cam at idle.. but I'm new to the 5.4 and its exhaust notes so i might be wrong .. The truck has some sort of shift kit on it .. as 2nd and 3rd gear come in, its noticably quick and harsh ... I'll take some better pics of the motor and undercarriage .. but underneath it looks like it has a moroso oil pan ... I just can't tell if its the stock MAF ... but I'm pretty sure it has the green top 42lbs injectors ..

If I get pics and maybe some vids do any of you think you could help me pick this truck apart ???...

It was a tad bit of an impulse buy .. but I saw it on the lot sunday .. drove it monday and bought it tuesday .. its a 00 with 72,000 miles on it .. had some aftermarket accessories .. most importantly it ran good and my buddy who is a toyota tech and mustang enthusiast did a quick run over and everything checked out as far as it running well and looking free of any body repair ... I paid 13K even for it ... so I figured I got a decent deal since its such a clean truck ..

Here are the stock dealer pics .. its rained the past two days here so I'll be gettng new pics of it with my drop top mustang soon so I'll have a sig for this site ..

Thanks in advance !

6-2.gif

5-2.gif

4-3.gif

3-2.gif

2-3.gif

1-2.gif

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
I forgot, the reason that I do not know what is done to the truck is b/c the lady who traded it in got it as part of a divorce settlement and will not put me in contact with her ex husband and will not let the dealership give me her contact info .. she did say her husband was the original owner and there was nothing wrong with the truck, she just took it and traded it in on a new cadillac escalade .. haha .. anyway .. any help would be greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to get bigger better pics tomorrow !

Skrapmetal

Established Member
If it's running that much boost, one of the first things you should do is figure out what size that MAF is. If it's got the stock 99-00 80mm MAF, you're at risk.

Best bet would be to find a tuner near you that knows L's and have them give it a good working over, imo.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Vere good fined, by looking at the stickers on the air box. It looks to have a FTVB installed. Witch wold explain the shifts,the cai and inlet wont' gain you any boost. So he may have a 2# lower on there. But I would have a few local guys or a tuner of them in your area take a look at it and see what all is done.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Welcome to the L family and get some more pics up!

Whats up with you fog lights?

Last edited:

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm going to do that .. but my tuner is in Georgia .. about 2-3 hours away so I haven't had time to make a trip down there yet .. so I was hoping to get some feedback until then .. I would love to find someone around charlotte NC to take my truck to but there are very few people I trust with tunning my cars ...any suggestions ?!

As far as the fog lights, those are aftermarkets and up close they don't look that great ... so I was hoping to grab a set of originals or OEM replacements to throw in there ... I was also told the 2001 and up fog lights won't pop in my bumper so I didn't know what the best route to take was on that ...

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
flexalite efans (keep an eye on that part you took a pic of... might catch fire/melt, oil separator, lower pulley, aftermarket oil pan and FTVB (factory tech valve body), painted idler pulley bracket, painted supercharger, column gauge pod and gauges, aftermarket exhaust maybe? thats all i can find... get ahold of a tape measurer and measure that lower pulley and post it up...

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Not liking the after market Fogs though....too small looking.

Get an OASIS done to make sure your intercooler has had the swap done. '99 and '00 leaked from the factory. Also....Do not freak out about the oily looking mess inside your radiator coolant tank. From what I have learned, it is your lower radiator hose breaking down (the junction thing on the bottom) which deposits what Looks like oil into your coolant.

later

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
flexalite efans (keep an eye on that part you took a pic of... might catch fire/melt, oil separator, lower pulley, aftermarket oil pan and FTVB (factory tech valve body), painted idler pulley bracket, painted supercharger, column gauge pod and gauges, aftermarket exhaust maybe? thats all i can find... get ahold of a tape measurer and measure that lower pulley and post it up...

Are you talking about that pic containing the electrical part ?!

Also, how can I tell what MAF is in there ? part # or something ?

And the lower pulley measures about 9.25-9.5" in diameter .. I was trying to look down there while measuring but i know its right around there..

Heres a link to the vid to hear the exhaust at idle ...

th_100_5958.gif

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Not liking the after market Fogs though....too small looking.

Get an OASIS done to make sure your intercooler has had the swap done. '99 and '00 leaked from the factory.

later

Yeah I don't like the fogs .. but i just found a set of OEMs for 130 dollars .. I do like the fogs that were mentioned above .. would the 03-04 cobras not fit ?

Whats the OASIS ?

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
I think the 03-04 cobra fogs mount up differently IIRC....... The OASIS report is a report of the warranty repairs done to the vehichle by vin#. It would come in handy for checking on the intercooler, and cruise control etc.......
Hope this helps..

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
All the fluids appear fresh? Might wanna change em all out just to make sure, enjoy the new ride and welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread