My newest Italian import was delivered...

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
CONSTRUCTION PICS ADDED 10/2

My dad and I were in Italy last year at the factory and saw them being built, and we knew we had to have one. After 3 month period of ordering, construction, and shipping she has finally arrived this morning...

Here is the container being sealed in Naples, Italy. Getting ready for its trip around the world...

img3057ki.jpg

Here she is in all her 5,500LBS of glory!
img3142t.jpg

Haha, now that I've had my Treynor moment I can explain more. It is a handmade, woodburning pizza oven for my new pizzeria. No gas lines, close to 1000 degrees, pizzas cook in roughly 90 seconds. Cant get more authentic than that.

Some pics of the construction process.

47645281.jpg

Master Artisan Stefano Ferrara seen here on the base, which is filled with volcanic sand from Mt. Vesuvius to handle the heat, and sea salt from the Mediterranean. Laying the first bricks.

82651937.jpg

Closing off the cooking area. The dome shape is starting to appear.

img3034w.jpg

Laying the tiles down. You can see the dome has been set, concealing the heat extraction chamber which exits from the top.

img3038u.jpg

Laying down the hand-painted tile for our restaurant name and logo.

img3003d.jpg

All finished up and ready to ship!

img3145y.jpg

Crappy cell phone pic I took of it finally on the ground here. I will have to post some more pics during construction and when the oven is actually in place rather than just in the middle of an unfinished restaurant.

I know its not car stuff but it another passion of mine that I thought would be appreciated. Its almost more of a piece of art than a cooking appliance. Definitely a labor of love.

Well construction is at full steam ahead with an estimated finish date of 11/2. Here are just a couple pics of the transformation.

img3138th.jpg

This is the blank canvas we began with. There were some plumbing done, but not much else.

img3164ml.jpg

Some framing done.

img3173yw.jpg

Spot for a future mural/logo

img3183ff.jpg

Chipping away at the wall to expose the brick underneath. Great little details.

img3184gr.jpg

Closer view of the "broken" wall. Those black support beams you see on the ceiling are going to be painted a "golden gate bridge" color. Nice contrast with what will be a black ceiling.

img3186k.jpg

Bar is prepped. I'm ready for a drink.

img3187o.jpg

A light at the end of the tunnel. We had to bust through the brick wall for the rear hallway/backdoor.

img3188se.jpg

Back of the house framed up, skylight.

img3190uq.jpg

Will have some sort of light fixture shooting up into this little crevice.

Obviously there is much more to do, but its starting to look much different!

Last edited:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
How much?

I was expecting a Fiat 500 when i read the title.

Haha, they are both about the same price. But only one will actually make me money.

They don't sell hand built ones here?

I am also importing the flour used for the pizza, the san marzano tomatoes for the sauce...

I am making Neapolitan pizza as it is made in Naples. The only way to do that is to use the right tools. Pizza was invented in Naples. The Ferrara family has been building these ovens, in Naples, for over 100 years. For me to make the best product, I need the best.

5500lbs? 0-60 time must be terrible.

Ya...doesnt handle too well either. I was so nervous when they were getting it off the truck. Got a little wobbly over some bumps and my butt puckered up to about this size -------> o :eek:

Last edited:

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
So if I walk in wearing an SVTPerformance t-shirt, do I get a discount?

Kidding.

But where is your restaurant located? I'm always keeping an eye out for good places to eat.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
cool. post up when its all set up. maybe we can have a local svtp meet there :beer:

where in OC will your pizzeria be located?

Sick SVT

Established Member
Where in OC? Im in SD but am up there every few weeks for work and could use a good place to eat. Woodfired pizza ftw!

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
So if I walk in wearing an SVTPerformance t-shirt, do I get a discount?

Kidding.

But where is your restaurant located? I'm always keeping an eye out for good places to eat.

Sure man! It's gonna be in Downtown Fullerton.

cool. post up when its all set up. maybe we can have a local svtp meet there :beer:

where in OC will your pizzeria be located?

We are hoping to open at the end of October. There is great parking in the back, optimal for a car meet!

You guys can like us on FB to stay updated.

Fuoco Pizzeria Napoletana - Fullerton, CA - Pizza Place | Facebook

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Dude, you need to post up when you have your Grand Opening. You can make a REALLY big event of it, and I'm sure there are tons of guys here (myself included) that would be more than happy to attend.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Dude, you need to post up when you have your Grand Opening. You can make a REALLY big event of it, and I'm sure there are tons of guys here (myself included) that would be more than happy to attend.

We are planning on having a few opening events. I will definitely keep you guys updated!

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Cool as hell. However, I was thinking about how cool this must be to have it your home until you mentioned it was for your restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread