My own 08 GT500 is home!

500 Blue

Established Member
Hello all,
A few of you have went out of your way to help me in my quest to find a GT500. I have made an educated purchase because of many of you. My 08 came with a new clutch and flywheel with an unopened tranny.

I drove from FL to NC to pick her up. I started to ship it but wanted to drive it since it had the new clutch/flywheel put in. I have had a few mustangs perviously. Two have been S197. I started with a 06 V6 gray mustang for my wife and myself.

Mustang5.jpg

We sold this when I found a Roush mustang. I bought my Roush used with only a few thousand miles on it. I love the looks and did a lot of custom work. I placed well at car shows and really enjoyed the ride.

Roush005-3.gif

Roush015.gif

Picture054-1.gif

I kept the Roush for about a year and a half. I have always wanted a Shelby but the price was always out of my reach. As the prices started to drop for the new and used ones I was able to find me a used 08 in the color I wanted for less then 40k. The milage was about 1,500 when I bought her and she was in great shape. Had a good coat of wax and had never seen rain. I rode home on back roads and enjoyed the drive.

Here is the Me (right) and the previous owner (left)
Picture026.gif

Checking her out in NC
Picture015.gif

The only bad thing that happened was coming off the intersate in SC I ran over a large nail. We didn't take pictures (was too stressed). The wife ran to a trucker gas station and bought a plug kit. I was able to plug it and it is still driving well.

Here she is at home. It has been too cold to clean her to the detail I like but I was able to clean her a little today for a nice drive down to the water for some pictures and dinner.

Picture076.gif

Picture083.gif

Picture086.gif

Picture092.gif

Picture116.gif

Picture117.gif

Picture118.gif

There is nothing like getting to drive a supercharged car. It puts a smile on my face every time the boost gauge goes up and my foot goes on the floor. Just wanted to thank everyone here again that helped me in my search.

I have a mod list already. I have ordered my SVT Build Sheet. I have also ordered some clear corner/signal lights and stealth bulbs as I had them on my Roush and like it. I also have ordered some MRT hood struts and most importantly is the Shelby Dash Plaque. I have not recieved any of it yet but will soon. I kept my sequential tails lights from my other mustang and installed those tonight.

I also forgot to say the car did have a dyno tune. It came out to about 485 rwhp and 485 rwtq with a completely stock set up plus the tune!

Shelby.gif

Sorry for the long post just happy to have my very own Shelby GT500!

Kevin

ff500

Established Member
You can tell in the photo of you guys shaking hands who the buyer and seller are, you've got a grin and he looks a little bummed out.

500 Blue

Established Member
I love the car more every time I drive it. The owner does have a little bit of the "Shelby Blues" as he puts it. I have talked to him a few times since the purchase. He was a great guy to deal with.

And yes I bought the car from a member on this site: AnP With Stangs

Now I am trying to decide If I want to get an exhaust set up or wheels/tires. Can't afford to do both. I have my heart set on some Chrome 20" Shelby Razors but the wheel/tire package is going to set me back close to 2k. I can do a complete exhaust for less the 1k. Decisions Decisions :shrug:

ff500

Established Member
I've got the sgt's I'd probably sell cheap,I want to hear the kr's on my car first though but the weather is terrible up here once we get above 40 I'll put them on.

Users who are viewing this thread