My Paint looks DULL!

STANGBUM

Love that Boost
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Not on the first initial coats there buddy. washing with dish soap, clay bar, and all the layer dont take just one hour does it? I USE the stuff, it takes me a day when I go through all the steps. If you won first place with a 1-2 hour zaino job, you must have entered a 2 car show
nutkick.gif

How long does it take you to do a wax job buddy? With the Mix of the ZFX additive to the Z-2(less than a minute) You put Zaino on just like any other (1 hr if that long). Then when your done you can either put another coat on (the ZFX offers almost instant cure time) not like most other waxes which you will have to let them cure before you can add another coat, or you can top it off with the Z-6 gloss enhancer (may be 15-20min.. and thats all there is to it. =total time 1 to 2 hrs.
Now if You are putting Zaino on for the first time ,yes they do recommend Washing it first with a dish washing soap.. which is for taking off the "old wax". But that is just the "first" time ,not every time. You don't have to use the clay bar unless your "other wax" has not held up and it needs it. Now if you are doing this each time I can see where it would take you all day..........

You must not know how to use Zaino or you would know it doesn't take "all day" to do a wax job. You do not have to use the Z-1 Polish lok any more, that was eliminated. ZFX additive is what you use now. Maybe you need to check Zaino website because it is clear you have not used Zaino products in quit awhile.
And it sounds like you have never been to a MCA Grand National Or NAtional show, if you think just 2 cars enter in The classes:dw:

And you could be right ,that most waxes look great when they are first put on, the key is how long the last before you have to apply again. and Zaino out lasts them all, its just a fact.:thumbsup:

STANGBUM

Love that Boost
Established Member
Originally posted by gunsfan1
Yes, Zaino will last longer because its a polymer, not a wax. But Zaino needs layer after layer after layer to become that effective (still not better than Meg's in my opinion). I'd rather spend that time driving...

It was also my understanding that you needed to wait 6-8 hours to let one coat of the Zaino completely cure before adding another?

Seems like you need to check Zainos website also because it is apparent you have not use Zaino in awhile.You can put on multiple coats the same day.:rolleyes:
And the first layer looks fantastic so just adding layers when you want. (you don't have to you know, one layer will do.)

Last edited:

gunsfan1

Banned
If you like a plastic-like appearance of your finish, then you will love Zaino. There is nothing that matches the depth of a pure carnauba wax, which is why I only use #26.

To each his own on this one, but I just didn't feel Zaino was worth all the money I spent. It does smell good, that's about it.

STANGBUM

Love that Boost
Established Member
Originally posted by gunsfan1
If you like a plastic-like appearance of your finish, then you will love Zaino. There is nothing that matches the depth of a pure carnauba wax, which is why I only use #26.

To each his own on this one, but I just didn't feel Zaino was worth all the money I spent. It does smell good, that's about it.

You are right I don't want to get in a pi**ing contest on which is better, The tests proved that point.To each his own:coolman: :coolman:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
zaino is overrated. Get a clay bar, and Megquiers 3stage show system. Save your money, get the megquiers it did wonders for my bumper and my whole car.

The thing I like about megquirs wax - You put it on your whole car and let it dry completlely and then wipe off the residue...none of this "section" at a time crap.

for the 4 stage system, it took me about 6hrs to do but it was immaculate and really needed it. My rear bumper was in bad condidtion with hazing and paint contamination...

megquir's paint cleaner (step 1) rocks!!! The polish (step 2) brings out the color and the wax (step 3, two coats) locks it in. Also invest in Quick Detailer mist. Take 20minutes to go over your car each night, and it will look a hell of lot better than your wife in the morning ;)

Last edited:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Well its obvious that this thread was started by someone who hasnt used Zaino before, so your post could be misleading. I wasnt getting into a pissing match, just trying to straighten things up for those that havent used that junk. To state that nothing lasts longer than Zaino is simply untrue. Use the right combination of off the shelf stuff and apply it correctly (thats the key) and you can make it last, for half the price to boot. With all the money spent on Z, dont you think I wanted to like it? I'm trying to give an unbiased opinion since I currently use both, its not working so oh well.

Zaino :thumbsup:
Meguiars :thumbsup:
Mothers :thumbsup:
3M :thumbsup:

spend your money on whatever you want.

Last edited:

STANGBUM

Love that Boost
Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Well its obvious that this thread was started by someone who hasnt used Zaino before, so your post could be misleading. I wasnt getting into a pissing match, just trying to straighten things up for those that havent used that junk. To state that nothing lasts longer than Zaino is simply untrue. Use the right combination of off the shelf stuff and apply it correctly (thats the key) and you can make it last, for half the price to boot. With all the money spent on Z, dont you think I wanted to like it? I'm trying to give an unbiased opinion since I currently use both, its not working so oh well.

Zaino :thumbsup:
Meguiars :thumbsup:
Mothers :thumbsup:
3M :thumbsup:

spend your money on whatever you want.

I agree SNK BITN, just a good debate.
Its all :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread