My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Interesting that Ford recommends the oil catch cans on the PCV lines. Glad I did this on my GT500.

It is interesting that Ford finally came forward and formally recognized the fact that there is a benefit to these devices. The "put it in and forget about it crowd" has won a lot of victories lately and it's about time the people that are willing to stay on top of maintenance on their own were given their due diligence. The mainstream marketers can cater to the masses of LCD consumers and we can finally have our cake and eat it too.

Shit!!! That blows. I got all hype when i saw hcmcarbon.com but now i have to buy a damn trunk lid too. Smh. Crossin my fingers for an R to be bestowed upon me.

On my GT500 I purchased a wingless decklid, welded some additional holes, and had it painted. Really not a big deal.

On this car could see doing something similar but I'm happy with the Track Pack wing as it is quite a bit more low key than the R wing. Were I interested in an R wing I'd simply buy one of these and take it from there.

http://andersoncomposites.com/colle...rbon-fiber-decklid-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have seen the magic and all I can say is that George has nailed it. He continues to test but I'm not at liberty to say when it'll be available.

cloud9

Established Member
Just so you know they transposed the camber settings. We had a lot of back and forth on this at Track Attack, but the R is supposed to have more camber, not the GT350. I ended up going -2.2* up front and -1.25* rear on my Track Pack car, but will be running 315 Hoosier R7s on all four corners. A friend ran -1.75* at VIR on the stock tires and excessively wore the outer edges of his PSC2s and then tipped them in to -2.0* for the R7s the next day and got even wear. I'm headed to BIR in a couple weeks on PSC2s on the stock wheels. Can't run the R7s in 315 square until my R spec wheels get here from N4SM.

Alignment%20specs_zpsgxbxxfnm.jpg

liter of cola

Established Member
It is interesting that Ford finally came forward and formally recognized the fact that there is a benefit to these devices. The "put it in and forget about it crowd" has won a lot of victories lately and it's about time the people that are willing to stay on top of maintenance on their own were given their due diligence. The mainstream marketers can cater to the masses of LCD consumers and we can finally have our cake and eat it too.

On my GT500 I purchased a wingless decklid, welded some additional holes, and had it painted. Really not a big deal.

On this car could see doing something similar but I'm happy with the Track Pack wing as it is quite a bit more low key than the R wing. Were I interested in an R wing I'd simply buy one of these and take it from there.

http://andersoncomposites.com/colle...rbon-fiber-decklid-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang

I hear CF is harder to drill without damaging it, hence the search begins for a wingless magnetic deck lid.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Just so you know they transposed the camber settings.[/URL]

I didn't look carefully enough to notice that - nice catch Gary.

A few random items.

I picked up a few oil filters from Mike R at Autonation. He gave me a great price on some ridiculously expensive filters for this car.

0415161035a_resized.jpg

0415161035_resized.jpg

Because finding 5W-50 is like finding gold in my neighborhood I got a case of oil from him too. Sorry Amsoil fans.

04151614282_resized.jpg

I was going to try to make it to VIR this week but it looks like that isn't going to happen. So I had stocked up on some brake hardware as well (more good stuff from Autonation).

0415161034a2_resized.jpg

And because I always end up doing everything by myself I picked up some self-help items from Amazon.

04151613042_resized.jpg

To keep everything within spec I had Helm send me a factory Ford 2016 Mustang Service CD, which contains everything on the GT350 as well.

0416161521_resized_1.jpg

And since the weather finally calmed down, 50* and sunny, I was able to get a few things done outside. I've been wanting to protect the hydraulic/air lines laying on my shop floor so that they don't get cut or end up being chewed on by either of my Danes. So I grabbed some old treated lumber I had around, chamfered one edge, routed another, ripped some 3/8" ply, and fastened it down to the concrete. Now I can drive a tank over it (of which I actually have coming).

0416161627_resized_1.jpg

0416161654a_resized.jpg

0416161654_resized.jpg

Now just need to find time to work on the car...

cloud9

Established Member
Nice work. Going to run the stock pads on the track? I'm supposed to have some GLOC R18 (XP24) and R12 (XP12) rear pads any day. Planning to run them at BIR in a couple weeks. As my stock pads have started to bed, they're biting pretty well on the street, but I know they won't cut it for me on track. The TA cars had the stock pads and they do work well, but I prefer a more aggressive bite. The stockers only lasted a friend of mine one day at VIR so bring plenty :) I'm not sure if the GLOCs will last any longer, but I'll know more in a couple weeks.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Gary, I'll most likely never decimate brake hardware as well as you can. I'll see how these work for me and take it from there. I just like to have a backup set of everything because something always shits the bed when you least expect it...

I found a box of new stock Brembo pads I had for my GT500 so I pulled them out to compare a GT350 front to a GT500 front. No comparison...

0418161646a_resized.jpg

0418161646_resized.jpg

0418161645b_resized.jpg

0418161645_resized.jpg

On edit....I still remember how much better my '90 LX HO coupe was when I removed the stock brakes and added Ford Motorsports' M-2300K brake kit. The PBR's were a huge upgrade. When I got my GT500 I couldn't believe how much bigger the Brembo calipers were over the PBR's. The GT350 caliper puts them all to shame!

Last edited:

cloud9

Established Member
That's insane. I bought some extra rotors for the same reasons you listed......someone asked me to weigh a front and when I pulled it out of the box I just started laughing because it was so frickin' huge.

krt22

Established Member
Yep..the caliper is so large you can cradle it like a small child. It's glorious

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Had some time to take a look at the poorly installed splitter on my car so I got it up on the lift and laid underneath it for inspection. The "angled" screws that some have had a hard time with, well apparently the "mechanic" tasked to install them on mine bailed, and roundfiled them. None of the four required were installed - here's shots of where two of them should have been.

_splitter6.jpg

_splitter8.jpg

And what about those easy to install Torx fasteners that were designed to hold the undertray in place. Phht, why would I need all of them installed?

_splitter9.jpg

I removed the splitter completely to see what other surprises might have been in store and to start over again, this time installing it using fasteners instead of hope/disregard.

_splitter4.jpg

_splitter2.jpg

_splitter3.jpg

_splitter%20before%20and%20after.jpg

I covered your dealer fee, Ford. Why don't you have dedicated people handling these installations?

Get your shit together.

Last edited:

M91196

Established Member
Such a nice car. Better that you fixed it, it's done correctly and a trip to the dealer has been known to add suffering, frustration and door dings.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Such a nice car. Better that you fixed it, it's done correctly and a trip to the dealer has been known to add suffering, frustration and door dings.

All true.:)

I wanted to add something to illustrate the importance of having a properly fastened splitter. I spoke with George from MGW while he was testing his GT350 at VIR recently and he had an issue with his splitter. His speeds were a bit over 100mph and his splitter began to bow. The angled screws that the dealer never installed on my car....well, George's dealer didn't think he needed all the included fasteners either.

VIR_MGW_GT350_Shifter_004.jpg

VIR_MGW_GT350_Shifter_005.jpg

Put yourself in George's shoes for a minute. You meticulously design, manufacture and assemble a new shifter. You rent VIR to track test and this happens at speed because the individual that "installed" the splitter at the dealer didn't think all the fasteners were necessary. Talk about a WTF moment...

VIR_MGW_GT350_Shifter_003.jpg

Jfoster

Established Member
Are sterotypes, stereotypes, if they're true?

IME, the "I don't give a shit" factor is WAY too high for most dealership mechanics.

liter of cola

Established Member
This is really sad.... How could something so obvious be overlooked like this?!?!?!?! Any person who knows the slightest bit about cars would understand how much air pressure a front splitter has to hold. anyone who's ever put thier hand out of a window of a car moving at highway speeds understands how strong simple wind can be.

How could all these ford so called mechanics think its ok to skip out on half the fkn screws and fasteners on a part that has to withstand such forces.

Its like if they put new tires on your car and reinstalled the wheels with only 3 lugnuts instead of 5. Smh. You should have to be a certain level of qualified to work on svt products. This shit is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread