My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Phht. Silly expensive and with poor wear characteristics, made no sense for a street tire. The Conti Extreme's a pretty darn good summer high performance tire that outperform the Michelin's in the rain and should last a heck of a lot longer.

liter of cola

Established Member
those 325's seem to stick out a bit much. I feel you though as the cups run an extra $700 per set.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks for the kind words guys. As for the tire revs per mile, there does need to be an adjustment made. I'm waiting to see if the Track Key allows you to do this or not.

those 325's seem to stick out a bit much. I feel you though as the cups run an extra $700 per set.

The wheel specs are identical to that of the factory R rim. So the poke is factory R. As far as the tires go you may find this interesting. Direct from the tire rack...

Continental Extreme DW 325/30/19 has 11.5" tread width.

Continental%20Extreme%20DW%20from%20Tire%20Rack.jpg

Michelin Cup2 315/30/19 has 11.7" tread width.

Michelin%20Cup%202%20from%20Tire%20Rack.jpg

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
You might be different, but use that over all diam number and convert it to circumference in MM, then write it on tune if using SCT.

hunterp

Established Member
The shorter 3/4" sidewall leaves the car begging for a drop. I think a 1" lower spring combination would be about perfect (splitter may argue against that one though). Car is begging for an R-style wing now too!

R springs in your future or not the proper match with the magnaride tuning on the non-R?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
MachME, the listings only show a difference of 7 revs per mile. I'm waiting to see if the upcoming Trackey allows you to make related changes.

I'm also waiting to see if FR releases GT350 springs as well as an opportunity to play with the Mag tune.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

It definitely needs to come down now which compromises front splitter clearance a bit. I'm willing to go lower but no more than an inch. My fingers are crossed that FR has a solution ready to go - soon.

krt22

Established Member
Thanks guys.

It definitely needs to come down now which compromises front splitter clearance a bit. I'm willing to go lower but no more than an inch. My fingers are crossed that FR has a solution ready to go - soon.
1" is perfect, eagerly waiting to see what FR has to offer as well

JW03

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Why FR? Is BMR developing anything, or have something already available?

Looks fantastic, by the way! Race red is a gorgeous color.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
The wheel specs are identical to that of the factory R rim. So the poke is factory R. As far as the tires go you may find this interesting. Direct from the tire rack...

Continental Extreme DW 325/30/19 has 11.5" tread width.

Continental%20Extreme%20DW%20from%20Tire%20Rack.jpg

Michelin Cup2 315/30/19 has 11.7" tread width.

Michelin%20Cup%202%20from%20Tire%20Rack.jpg

Although if you look at the section width which i believe is the actual width of the tire sidewall to sidewall, the conti's are .4" wider.

The R's cup 2's have a bit of a stretched look. As they are recomended for an 11" rim but the R runs 11.5, i'd try 305 mpss all around, 11" rim all around would be ideal for that. Maybe a spacer for the rears to make em poke out a bit like the R, but you'll still have that stretched tire look they come with.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Why FR? Is BMR developing anything, or have something already available?

Looks fantastic, by the way! Race red is a gorgeous color.

It almost seems as if the aftermarket is waiting for FR to make the first move. Based on available volume, that's probably a wise move.

That looks sharp!

Enough. We need shots of the monster you've created!

The R's cup 2's have a bit of a stretched look. As they are recomended for an 11" rim but the R runs 11.5, i'd try 305 mpss all around, 11" rim all around would be ideal for that. Maybe a spacer for the rears to make em poke out a bit like the R, but you'll still have that stretched tire look they come with.

As much as the Cup 2's are great performers, I absolutely abhor the look they impart with the R size combination. They sure do execute though!

liter of cola

Established Member
As much as the Cup 2's are great performers, I absolutely abhor the look they impart with the R size combination. They sure do execute though!

I love the look of the cup2's slightly stretched. Looks so badass to me. There must be some kind of benefit from running a slightly oversized rim on a tire why else would they do it?

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. As for the tire revs per mile, there does need to be an adjustment made. I'm waiting to see if the Track Key allows you to do this or not.

Is revs per mile that important on these? I ask because on my 6.0 and 6.4 powerstrokes the revs per mile was only used for transmission shifting strategy. Didnt affect speedo correction.

Just curious! Thanks again for all the great info as always TOB!

Users who are viewing this thread