My Race Red Track Pack 2016 GT350

Randy M

Established Member
Hey Randy. I plan on hanging onto it for the next owner as the stock panel with badge is priced a bit on the silly side. You damage yours?

I dumped some pm's.

My car was delivered with a scratch in the decklid panel. I tried to buff it out with a DA and now it looks even worse lol

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
My car was delivered with a scratch in the decklid panel. I tried to buff it out with a DA and now it looks even worse lol

If the scratch was noted on delivery, the dealer should fix that. If not, a good body shop 'may' be able to correct it for you without paint? Not sure without seeing it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Try this - the FRPP panel is relatively inexpensive. Then pick up a front badge and mount it on the rear with 3M two way tape. Should be the least expensive way to replicate your original panel.

Glad to see you finally got the wheels on the way to you tob!

I feel like I aged ten years since ordering. I hope FedEx goes easy on them!

The R calipers I picked up months ago will finally go on along with a caliper stud kit I've been working on for far too long as well. Planning on Borla's exhaust, a C2C R rear wing.....the list never ends. Thankfully.:-D

Randy M

Established Member
If the scratch was noted on delivery, the dealer should fix that. If not, a good body shop 'may' be able to correct it for you without paint? Not sure without seeing it.

It wasn't, but they offered to paint it instead of replacing it as from what they told me the entire rear bumper and actual trunk lid has to be purchased with it. Apparently to prevent lesser Mustangs from sporting the badge. Things could have changed since a few months back.

Try this - the FRPP panel is relatively inexpensive. Then pick up a front badge and mount it on the rear with 3M two way tape. Should be the least expensive way to replicate your original panel.

How is that badge affixed to the stock decklid panel? Thinking I could perhaps use fishing line to remove it, then use 3M dbl sided black foam type tape to put it on the FRPP part.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Not from here but I'm just outside the Falls about halfway between Buffalo and Toronto.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
How is that badge affixed to the stock decklid panel? Thinking I could perhaps use fishing line to remove it, then use 3M dbl sided black foam type tape to put it on the FRPP part.

The bumper has nothing to do with the decklid panel. The panel can be ordered separately from the decklid as well.

You'd think you could use fishing line when looking at the panel and badge but you can't. FRPP panel on top.

IMG_1057.jpg

The rear badge has "pins" that are melted in place once pushed through holes on its respective panel. The FRPP panel doesn't have the holes. That's why you should pick up a front badge and use 3M tape instead.

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

s-l1600b_1.jpg

s-l1600a_1.jpg

Last edited:

ARavenousChimp

Just a GT
Established Member
Halfway between Buffalo and Toronto. That would be Oakville (or Burlington.) Your car is awesome. I'd love to see it around sometime! Maybe I'll catch you at TMP or CTMP.

Randy M

Established Member
The bumper has nothing to do with the decklid panel. The panel can be ordered separately from the decklid as well.

You'd think you could use fishing line when looking at the panel and badge but you can't. FRPP panel on top.

Thanks for all of this info Tob.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I got a note from my good friend Mike at Buyfordracing that the FRPP rear panel is no longer. So get on the horn and track one down while you can!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You and me both. Wheels will hopefully arrive in two days, unscathed. Swan song for the factory rolling stock...

zIMG_1864-Edit.jpg

And I hope my "fastener guy" gets going on the caliper stud kit I've been working on for quite a bit.

0707161310a_HDR%20small.jpg

z%20caliper%20stud%20and%20nut%20small.jpg

So hopefully things get rolling soon. Camera batteries are charged up and the 6D is ready to go!

5 DOT 0

Established Member
And I hope my "fastener guy" gets going on the caliper stud kit I've been working on for quite a bit.

0707161310a_HDR%20small.jpg

z%20caliper%20stud%20and%20nut%20small.jpg

So hopefully things get rolling soon. Camera batteries are charged up and the 6D is ready to go!
I'm ready. ;-)

Looking good!

AZBOSS

Established Member
Sweeeeeeet.

I installed a set of camber plates on a buddy's 350 this past weekend. The weight of the calipers was much less than what I expected, and the aluminum knuckle/spindle assembly is MUCH lighter than the S197 stuff, very impressive and very easy to manipulate.

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
Caliper studs

I'm looking forward to these being available.
I've been waiting to install my R calipers until I could use studs.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Guy, you and I are on the same page. My R calipers are waiting for the same thing. Good news - I talked at length with my "stud guy" today and he finished an initial short run in 17-4ph stainless and they should ship to me tomorrow. I also ordered a limited batch in 4340 steel/phosphate coated that have to go out to get heat treated. If you don't hear from me in a week or so shoot me a pm as I should have something by then.

N4S R-spec wheels shod with Continental Extreme DW's came today. I mounted them up and grabbed my 6D and went out for a few photos late tonight. Here's a few from my LG G4 before I left.

y0810161733_HDR.jpg

y0810162000_HDR2.jpg

The 30 series Continental's are about 3/4" shorter than the factory 35 series Michelin tires. Should gain the same slight acceleration advantage the R model has.

y0810161700b_HDR.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
zIMG_2574-Edit.jpg

zIMG_2593-Edit.jpg

zIMG_2612-Edit.jpg

zIMG_2641-Edit.jpg

zIMG_2620-Edit.jpg

The shorter 3/4" sidewall leaves the car begging for a drop. I think a 1" lower spring combination would be about perfect (splitter may argue against that one though). Car is begging for an R-style wing now too!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread