my spin on accufab for 03 cobra

allens-03

Established Member
bought it used from a fellow board member.nice simple do it your self mod.it took all of 20 minutes to r&r the unit.car idles fine.i dont think it added any horsepower but it makes the throttle feel much better,i think it is smoother.i plan on going to the dyno on friday to see if any gains were made

akaeric

Established Member
I have noticed a faster throttle response. let us know what your dyno shows. I would think with lwss air restriction it would have to add a little more ponys they advertize what 10 hp . If nothing else its a nice looking piece.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I installed mine a few days ago.. Is it kinda sticky for most of you? I figured it just has to break in. When I push on the gas it sticks and then releases.

stang2supra

Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
I installed mine a few days ago.. Is it kinda sticky for most of you? I figured it just has to break in. When I push on the gas it sticks and then releases.

My Accufab throttle body did that as well. I contacted Accufab (local to me here in Socal) and they told me to just swing by their shop. I made an appointment, and it was fixed in under 30 minutes. Now there is absolutely no sticking at all, just the awesome throttle response. Great bunch of guys there.. I would Email them directly, and ask what they can do for you regarding your little problem.

Good customer service and IMO a quality product. As for any power gains, my opinion is that at stock levels there isn't much of an added benefit. However, with an Apten or aftermarket blower, my guess is that the throttle bodies would help.

03DOHC

Established Member
Turn the throttle stop screw 1/2 turn at a time until it stops sticking. Don't go crazy with the adjustment. It should not take much more than a turn or so to get it to stop sticking. Recheck your TPS voltage after and reset the PCM.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Turn the throttle stop screw 1/2 turn at a time until it stops sticking. Don't go crazy with the adjustment. It should not take much more than a turn or so to get it to stop sticking. Recheck your TPS voltage after and reset the PCM.

One thing I have never done??? Counterclockwise turn? Is that the screw that when the throttle body is closed the piece that connects to the throttle cable comes back and hits?

dougwg

Established Member
Turn in such a way that you are OPENING the throttle blade a tiny bit (1/16- 1/8 turn on the screw)

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
Turn in such a way that you are OPENING the throttle blade a tiny bit (1/16- 1/8 turn on the screw)

LOL! Thanks.... that is what I thought you were talking about. Nice Billet by the way!

ALA G8R

Banned
There was an article not too long ago in 50 Mustang magazine that tested the Accufab. They reported 13rwhp gain, if I remember correctly. If I can find the article tonite, I will confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread