My Stock 6th gen at the track, pretty pleased

WSsick

Established Member
Very impressive! The '17 Camaro SS is still top on my list as I'll be looking for a new ride in March or April. I like the 2SS in Garnet Red Clearcoat. How do you like the 8-speed auto? I prefer the 6-speed but curious about your setup.

I absolutely love it. I was always a manual guy. Even some diehard manual friends say this transmissions is pretty cool. It's worlds better than the transmissions of old. People aren't even doing anything to therm as they add power, aside from removing a little torque management...rarely see a converter or a trans tune.

A8??? I love the way they sound. Nice time

Yes sir, A8.

I'm sure with the same mods the SS would pick up also. Not taking anything from the Coyote because Im thinking about buying one. Its just that with whats done to it would probably put the ss well into the 11s.

True, but it is what it is. I do have a race coming up with a friend with a bone stock 2016 5.0, so we'll see how that goes. Now that I have learned how to use launch control, I don't think it will be very pretty for the stock 5.0, but we'll see.

A couple guys in some nice cold air have gone 11s stock with the 6th gens. Mine probably would in some ice cold air. Might run it again bone stock at the end of fall to see how it does.

holy crap, i guess ford needs to step up its game big time lol the gt doesnt have shit, thats shelby gt350 times for a regular ss, ford is in trouble they deff need to step up the power or something on the gt350 and need a new gt500 to come out ASAP LOL! congrats im not a fan of the 5th or 6th gen camaros but thats moving! very impressive its crazy stock they are almost 11 sec cars

I have a race coming up with a GT350. Going to do a couple rolls and a dig or two just to see what happens. Hoping to do it this weekend.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have a race coming up with a GT350. Going to do a couple rolls and a dig or two just to see what happens. Hoping to do it this weekend.

Nice car and runs. Look forward to seeing you vs 350.

alexs93lx

Established Member
Drop me a note if you go back to GMP sometime soon, we would be a good race (stock 2011 cts-v).

Dusten

Established Member
holy crap, i guess ford needs to step up its game big time lol the gt doesnt have shit, thats shelby gt350 times for a regular ss, ford is in trouble they deff need to step up the power or something on the gt350 and need a new gt500 to come out ASAP LOL! congrats im not a fan of the 5th or 6th gen camaros but thats moving! very impressive its crazy stock they are almost 11 sec cars

A GT350 that is designed to go around corners.... Lets put the SS and the GT350 on a track with corners and see how fares

Dusten

Established Member
OR... we could race them in a straight line because they both have awesome forward acceleration.

the point was trying to say the SS is on the level of the GT350 purely based off straight line acceleration is silly. If you bought a GT350 to drag race you wasted a lot of money.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
A GT350 that is designed to go around corners.... Lets put the SS and the GT350 on a track with corners and see how fares

Has there been a test yet with the new 1LE SS vs the GT350? I remember there being speculation that the SS may perform surprisingly well vs the GT350.

WSsick

Established Member
the point was trying to say the SS is on the level of the GT350 purely based off straight line acceleration is silly. If you bought a GT350 to drag race you wasted a lot of money.

No one ever said that. It's just one aspect of both cars being tested. Testing handling abilities is a little more difficult, as I'm sure you can understand.

Yea so the Camaro actually looks ok this time around but what are they charging for it? 45k?

Mine stickered at 46xxx, :lol: While they are very expensive, they totally redid the entire car, and inside and out, it is a much better actual car to own and live with than the 5th gen. That doesn't even count the better performance. They are way more than the 5.0s though, on average $3-5k.

19935.slow

Established Member

My buddies 00R went low 11's at 120 + on motor with bolt ons and a solid axl. Car is a blast to drive, fooled me!

Users who are viewing this thread