My Stock 6th gen at the track, pretty pleased

WSsick

Established Member
No record breaking times, but considering the DA, I am very happy with the results. No doubt in our spring/fall air when it gets to negative DA it would go 11s.

Anyways, video & slips at the bottom if you just want to watch that. More thorough evaluation of the night before that if you want to read.

*slips go from left (first) to right (last). My last/best pass is in the video*

Headed over to our local track last Wednesday, Gateway Motorsports Park in St Louis (technically Madison, IL). The DA was around 2100 to start, far from ideal.

Pass #1 - All TCS/Stabilitrak off. Stalled it up to about 1000, left pretty well.
Pass #2 - All TCS/Stabilitrak off. Stalled it up to about 2000, spun a bit, bad pass.
Pass #3 - All TCS/Stabilitrak off. Tried stalling it 1500, still didn't leave clean.
Pass #4 - All TCS/Stabilitrak off. This time no stalling. Foot on brake, mashed it on green. Didn't work great.
Pass #5 - TCS off/ Stabilitrak in Competitive. Stabbed throttle, left pretty well.
Pass #6 - Same as above, time dropped a bit. (best 60')
Pass #7 - Same as above, time dropped again. DA was down to 1300. This pass was just 7 minutes after #6, so hotlapping doesn't matter.
*all passes were left in D

If I get another night where it will be somewhat cool while it is still stock, I will go again. I figured out how to do Launch Control, so I want to see how well that works at the track. I've seen mixed reviews here. Seemed to work alright on the street.

[video=youtube;CG6bugxdorM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG6bugxdorM[/video]

*side note - the blue 5.0 in the last 2 passes is the same one from my other video

[video=youtube;kabm0VqWENU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kabm0VqWENU[/video]

polock4life

Established Member
Camaro left early on the second dig race in 2nd video. Other dig races were super close which surprised me considering the weight, power, and displacement advantage of camaro.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I think the new Camaros look badass. Of course I thought the last generation (with the rectangular tail lights) looked awesome as well, but nobody else seemed to...atleast not on any Ford sites lol

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Camaro left early on the second dig race in 2nd video. Other dig races were super close which surprised me considering the weight, power, and displacement advantage of camaro.

Wut?? Care to share how much this E85 tuned coyote is making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WSsick

Established Member
Arent you "cam only jabroni" on ls1 tech?

No, same screenname over there.

Yeah it wasn't a clean race. Wish I would've figured out the Launch Control for those races. Now that I know how to do it, it's much faster off the line.

Mustang probably had the power advantage. He picked up 24 whp on the 93 tune, and then when they tuned it for E85, it obviously picked up more but I'm not sure how much exactly on top of the 93.

Wut?? Care to share how much this E85 tuned coyote is making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as above, it picked up 24whp on the 93, unknown on the E85. He hit a dyno with the E and made 437whp, but that's obviously a high reading dyno.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very impressive! The '17 Camaro SS is still top on my list as I'll be looking for a new ride in March or April. I like the 2SS in Garnet Red Clearcoat. How do you like the 8-speed auto? I prefer the 6-speed but curious about your setup.

polock4life

Established Member
Yeah it wasn't a clean race. Wish I would've figured out the Launch Control for those races. Now that I know how to do it, it's much faster off the line.
Mustang probably had the power advantage. He picked up 24 whp on the 93 tune, and then when they tuned it for E85, it obviously picked up more but I'm not sure how much exactly on top of the 93.

Makes more sense. I didn't bother to watch for the mods on the mustang...just wanted to see them roll out. Looks good and probably a fun car.

D1SC_GT

Banned
SO DAMN IMPRESSIVE!

A 6.2 that weighs less (according to the video) than a 5.0 and they run neck-to-neck......

jleews6

Established Member
SO DAMN IMPRESSIVE!

A 6.2 that weighs less (according to the video) than a 5.0 and they run neck-to-neck......

I'm sure with the same mods the SS would pick up also. Not taking anything from the Coyote because Im thinking about buying one. Its just that with whats done to it would probably put the ss well into the 11s.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
holy crap, i guess ford needs to step up its game big time lol the gt doesnt have shit, thats shelby gt350 times for a regular ss, ford is in trouble they deff need to step up the power or something on the gt350 and need a new gt500 to come out ASAP LOL! congrats im not a fan of the 5th or 6th gen camaros but thats moving! very impressive its crazy stock they are almost 11 sec cars

Users who are viewing this thread