My stock block turbo 5.0 @ the track...

headsup

Established Member
What size turbo? We have a stock block 86GT w/a 70mm turbo. Never ran it in a 1/4 but it's been a 6.40 in the 1/8. That was w/5speed, car has a c4 now but no track times..

Not tryin to steal your thread just interested when I see similar combos..

blacksnake98

headsup said:
What size turbo? We have a stock block 86GT w/a 70mm turbo. Never ran it in a 1/4 but it's been a 6.40 in the 1/8. That was w/5speed, car has a c4 now but no track times..

Not tryin to steal your thread just interested when I see similar combos..

Turbonetics 62mm. The car has more in it, I doubt 6.40's, but more none the less. Still has stock front suspension, full interior and the only weight reduction is sway bar, spare and a/c deletion. BFG drag radials are pretty much spent. I figure with some suspension and slicks, she'll go 6.70's or a little better.

How much boost your running in the 6.40 car? Thats a great ET, what's the mph?

Joe5.0

Established Member
Please post o picture of your engine. I wanna do t he same setup on my car. What are you running for exhaust?

blacksnake98

Here's some various pics...

mustang1_008.jpg

Timeslips_003.jpg

fastred_009.jpg

fastred_0091.jpg

fastred_018.jpg

fastred_014.jpg

Exhaust is a 3" downpipe to a single Dynomax Ultraflo, dumped infront of the axle.

jimbo7200

I see slow cars..
Established Member
car is bad man!!!! little work and turn up the boost and that thing will be putting down some serious HP!!!

blacksnake98

Faster150, she's quick, but not that quick. MPH should be good for 10.80's, maybe even a really high 10.7X.

jimbo, I doubt I turn her up much more. Don't want to have to pick up pieces of the motor from the track. The dyno numbers were with bad valve springs. (50lbs. of seat pressure). With the new springs, and an additional pound or two of boost, she's probably closer to 500rwhp than I want.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
sweet car.

Eventually you'll want more though and beef up the motor

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
nice setup, what type of stall are you running?

I grew up in LaGrange, and usually come up and visit a couple of times a year, is the LOT still the place to hang out at? I know a couple of guys that run out there

Last edited:

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Nice, now thats what im talking about. Are your dyno numbers through the auto tranny? Also, what all you got done to the tranny, I'm trying to get a auto somehow without paying high $$$ for a built AOD.:(

Users who are viewing this thread