My summertime garage mod

rodfarva

Established Member
FC89E170-C5C2-4B93-A4D5-348EFFE6A499.jpg

rodfarva

Established Member
I guess it could be a water sprayer. I removed the inline humidifier so I could blow cold air directly I into my garage. There is nothing I hate more than working in a hot garage.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I did mine last year. My a/c and heater ducting runs directly above my garage, so I punched a couple holes and added two vents. Now I have a/c and heat in my garage all year. I just close them off when I'm not going to be out there. It's something I should have done 10 years ago when I moved in. It works extremely well, and I've never seen a change in utility cost. If anything it's lower now.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Sweet! My garage is so small I just put a tray of ice cubes on my workbench. Chills the place no problem.

Let's see more pics of the garage

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
This is actually not a bad idea. Florida heat is brutal. I usually back it out and work at night with spot lights.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
NICE...and COOL! LOL!

I've contemplated doing this too. It's probably down the road....but, it's on the list. I still need to get my TV/Surround Sound mounted.

Black Sex

Established Member
I just open the door into my house and set a fan in the doorway. Then I have a 80"x36" vent.
But I've often thought it would be nice to have a AC/heat unit out of a hotel room or something.

Last edited:

rodfarva

Established Member
Update...now that it has gotten really hot and humid here (90-95 degrees, 50-60% humidity), the HVAC unit can't quite keep up with the garage and the rest of the house. I miss winter :(

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I need to get one of those portable AC units from Costco. The FL heat sucks in the garage...on the plus side, I lose about 10lbs...better than a sauna. I had to spread my clay/polish/sealer/wax detail over two weekends. I'll tackle the interior and engine bay this weekend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread