My termi heating up...help?

ProjectVenom

Established Member
recently, I've noticed that my temp needle has been rising up and sitting middle of the gauge, covering the thermometer picture. Usually, it sits just before it, and I've never seen it fluctuate as it does now. However, I turn my car off (when this happens) and its back to normal? What the heck is going on??? NOTE: mods are pulley, xpipe high flow, lfp heatexchanger, exhaust and ram air intake. 80k on motor.... any suggestions??? Thanks all!

greengt88

Established Member
was this before or after the heat exchanger was installed?? maybe need to burp it better sounds like air pockets maybe. What is you're A/F ratio? maybe lean and causing to detonate.

ProjectVenom

Established Member
was this before or after the heat exchanger was installed?? maybe need to burp it better sounds like air pockets maybe. What is you're A/F ratio? maybe lean and causing to detonate.

after the exchanger was installed but, its been a long minute since...

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly I wouldn't be too concerned with what the factory temp needle is doing, it's almost totally useless. Sounds like you might just have an elec glitch. Use the odometer to read precise ECT from the OBDII system to see if you actually have a problem.

ProjectVenom

Established Member
Honestly I wouldn't be too concerned with what the factory temp needle is doing, it's almost totally useless. Sounds like you might just have an elec glitch. Use the odometer to read precise ECT from the OBDII system to see if you actually have a problem.

definitely will do. I maybe stressing over nothing and given that she is 7 yrs old w/ 80k. Thanks!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread