My thought on griggs vs agent47

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
if he was on the stock 96-98 4v intake mani I'd agree with you that he's under 330 wheel
however with a different intake mani, ported heads, high comp pistons, and revvin' it to the moon 400 wheel is possible, but you would've been able to tell because it would have a beefy idle

BlackStripes

Established Member
If he has full SLA from Griggs and brakes... probably money is not an issue. Check for Nazman in this forum, he ran 128.92MPH in the 1/4 mile naturally aspirated with his cobra... you do the math...

These days even 2V N/A go over 320rwhp with no issues...

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Nazman had a 457rwhp N/A combo with a 304 big bore with FR500 H/C/I... he had over 500rwhp N/A with a 322 bb/stroker and a different H/C/I combo. so big N/A numbers are possible it just takes a lot of cash.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Nazman had a 457rwhp N/A combo with a 304 big bore with FR500 H/C/I... he had over 500rwhp N/A with a 322 bb/stroker and a different H/C/I combo. so big N/A numbers are possible it just takes a lot of cash.
And basically building a completely different engine.

MantisManBHP

Established Member
I heard it was a totally stock internal 4V mach1 motor. Long tubes, replacement K&N, and a chip.....Approx 400 CHP as dynoed.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I heard it was a totally stock internal 4V mach1 motor. Long tubes, replacement K&N, and a chip.....Approx 400 CHP as dynoed.
That's simply not possible. My buddy has an '04 Mach1 with LTs, CAI, and about every other bolton you can add less pullies with a SCT tune and made 303rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. His car runs 12.3-5's in the 1/4 mile on slicks, so I'd say it's pretty stout. You can not get over 350rwhp out of these cars w/o cracking the engine.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Maybe the car was a stroker motor?? And fully built to be N/A. I can see it being possible with a built stroker motor, heads, cams, intake, exhaust, race gas, and a lot of timing getting pulled.

racebronco2

Established Member

It's crank horsepower, i am so used to using rwhp that when he told me 400 i assumed it was rwhp. 400 crank hp is less then 350rwhp.

So knowing that he's is over 300rhwp but less then 350 rwhp would make sense with his lighter weight, better balance and a much better corner exit speed. By the way how much does your car weight rick?

MantisManBHP

Established Member
It's crank horsepower, i am so used to using rwhp that when he told me 400 i assumed it was rwhp. 400 crank hp is less then 350rwhp.

So knowing that he's is over 300rhwp but less then 350 rwhp would make sense with his lighter weight, better balance and a much better corner exit speed. By the way how much does your car weight rick?

LOL...:banana:

I was wondering when you would find out that it was me behind this computer screen...
Car weighs 2850 w/o driver. Got another 150lbs or so that can go. And yes, I was referring to 400 crank.

I had a blast up there last Saturday!! Can't wait for the next outing, get some good tires on there, those subframe connectors, and we shall have a duel!!

racebronco2

Established Member
LOL...:banana:

I was wondering when you would find out that it was me behind this computer screen...
Car weighs 2850 w/o driver. Got another 150lbs or so that can go. And yes, I was referring to 400 crank.

I had a blast up there last Saturday!! Can't wait for the next outing, get some good tires on there, those subframe connectors, and we shall have a duel!!

I figured it was you but didn't want to give it away too soon. If i would've known i would have brought them. Hate to waste good rubber. Wow 600 lbs less no wonder. Are you leaving declan out of this???

Oh and get that gas leak fixed. lol

wheelhopper

Established Member
You're upset about 3400lbs? I am at 3700lbsl when I hit the track with a full tank of gas and my ass in the seat.

racebronco2

Established Member
I just went outside... and kicked my 3400lbs car :fm:

You're upset about 3400lbs? I am at 3700lbsl when I hit the track with a full tank of gas and my ass in the seat.

I was so pissed that when i heard 2850lb:fm:, but then:idea: I pulled out a couple of big items, i think i am less then 3000lbs now.:rockon: Does it count if you remove the engine and tranny.:bash:

MantisManBHP

Established Member
Leak fixed....I hope. As per our Duel, I guess we should include Declan. I will sabotage the wastegates on Declan's car......If we can take all of his boost and feed him a 12 pack before the race..... We might just have a chance.:coolman:

racebronco2

Established Member
Leak fixed....I hope. As per our Duel, I guess we should include Declan. I will sabotage the wastegates on Declan's car......If we can take all of his boost and feed him a 12 pack before the race..... We might just have a chance.:coolman:

Are you kidding, I heard he drives better the more beers he has. :shrug:

MantisManBHP

Established Member
All right then, this is plan B:
We leave a temping open cooler in the pits (Ice cold Corona). I am sure that a stop every lap is gonna cost him at least 15 sec. That may just be enough to get caught up.

Users who are viewing this thread