My turbo build thread

Stupercharged

Established Member
thanks for the info man! i may be wanting more than my kenne bell can give me and am thinking about selling my setup and going turbo... i want to make sure i dont have to wait forever for my turbo to spool tho cuz i will drive a few days out of the week and still want to have fun without winding it out all the time haha

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
thanks for the info man! i may be wanting more than my kenne bell can give me and am thinking about selling my setup and going turbo... i want to make sure i dont have to wait forever for my turbo to spool tho cuz i will drive a few days out of the week and still want to have fun without winding it out all the time haha

No problem. If you size everything right you won't have much lag. Even as big as mine is it's still a helluva lot of fun on the street. Winding it out is a trip though. It just keeps pulling and pulling and doesn't want to stop.

Stupercharged

Established Member
wat gears are you running in back? ive heard a lot of people switch to like a 3.27 or even a 3.08 with a turbo setup for more load on the turbo and longer gears to keep in max boost longer?

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Damn dude that is freakin SICK. Congrats on finishing it up!

I'll make sure that if I see you on the streets to get the hell away from you! :D

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Stupercharged

Established Member
where did you by the turbo at? i cant seem to find pricing on garrets turbos through any of their distributors websites. and where did you find all the other parts for your build? im greatly considering going this route in the future and would like to know where to look. thanks again!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
where did you by the turbo at? i cant seem to find pricing on garrets turbos through any of their distributors websites. and where did you find all the other parts for your build? im greatly considering going this route in the future and would like to know where to look. thanks again!

PSI got all the parts for the build. He could get better prices than I could on everything. Plus we changed things up a lot as we went along. I know he got the turbo directly from Precision.

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
fantastic buddy. I've been thinkin' about turboin my screw... this just added mucho fuel for the project's fire. That thing is nasty. Lets see some more vids! Thanks for sharing the build!!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Wo0o0o0o0o0o0o0ow, good job man.

fantastic buddy. I've been thinkin' about turboin my screw... this just added mucho fuel for the project's fire. That thing is nasty. Lets see some more vids! Thanks for sharing the build!!

Thanks guys. More vids will be forthcoming!

One of the best looking turbo builds i have seen. Who made the intercooler reservior?

Wayne

PSI custom built it along with all of the turbo piping and intercooler.

scott you should post a final pic since i finished the polishing it looks tits now...

I will as soon as I get a good pic of it. I need you to do a little touch up too. :beer:

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey man.. Just curious what your compression ratio is?

That truck is prob the baddest L ive seen.. sweet as hell man

'88347coupe

just a good ol boy
Established Member
Scott I hope it's cool to post updated pics of your engine bay. It looks like you had the turbo polished since the original pics in your thread
cars110.jpg

cars111.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Hey man.. Just curious what your compression ratio is?

That truck is prob the baddest L ive seen.. sweet as hell man

Thanks man. The CR is 9.0:1.

Scott I hope it's cool to post updated pics of your engine bay. It looks like you had the turbo polished since the original pics in your thread
cars110.jpg

cars111.jpg

Nah it's cool man, show it off!

Users who are viewing this thread