My turbo build thread

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice.. very nice choice fo turbo.. Im building a turbo setup right now and I decided on a turbo the other day.. I was showing your truck to a friend and realized that its the same turbo. lol. I couldnt decide on A/R though and this helped me make up mind on the .96.. sick truck man

Teej281

Established Member
I wanna see some street vids man!!! That truck is SICK!!! It makes me want to buy an L right now lol And may I ask a question...what made you decide to go with ported PI heads over the new Trickflow heads and maybe have them ported???

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I wanna see some street vids man!!! That truck is SICK!!! It makes me want to buy an L right now lol And may I ask a question...what made you decide to go with ported PI heads over the new Trickflow heads and maybe have them ported???

Thanks! Vids will be coming soon. I got my built engine and heads a year before the turbo build started. TF heads for the modular weren't around back then. I may upgrade in the future. I wonder how much I can make with them and some custom ground cams?:burnout:

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Gimme a little while and I will let you know.. I have the trick flows.. stage 3 custom turbo cams

Aint they perrrrty

CIMG1293.gif

Teej281

Established Member
Ah, i understand. And your reasoning for not upgrading is very understandable seeing that you probably spent over 20k on this build already and probably dont want to spend anymore than you have to at this point. lol but i agree that some very aggressive turbo cams and the stock casting or ported TFS heads would probably give you even more potential.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Ah, i understand. And your reasoning for not upgrading is very understandable seeing that you probably spent over 20k on this build already and probably dont want to spend anymore than you have to at this point. lol but i agree that some very aggressive turbo cams and the stock casting or ported TFS heads would probably give you even more potential.

You got it. The TF heads are still largely untested, but I believe in their potential. The PI heads are still making great power. If I do eventually switch to the TF heads it won't be so much for the additional power, but the ability to make the power I already do with less boost. That's not to say that I won't crank it up to see what it'll do though lol.

Teej281

Established Member
Haha oh yea!!! I understand. I mean to get 263 or more cfm out of a 2v head would be awesome for you. But i dont know anyone that wouldnt crank the boost up if they could. lol

Users who are viewing this thread