My Twin Turbo G8GXP

CLN 6R

Established Member
So I was on vacation this past weekend visiting my brother, and my wife had mentioned something about cleaning my car before I left. Even though the only thing that was dirty was the front wheels. (Damn Brembos) But she sent me a picture of her cleaning them, and I just figured she wanted to drive it while I was gone, which I had no problem with.

So this morning I wake up, and saw that a local photographer had posted pictures of my car up on his website via Facebook. Talk about surprised! My jaw dropped. I'm a photographer myself (studio) but I've been too busy with work lately and the new house, that I haven't done a photoshoot of my own car in MONTHS! So I'm glad someone was about to do it.

Anyway, enough talking.... here are the pics! Enjoy!

Last edited:

CLN 6R

Established Member
that gxp is amazing, great pics!
wow, you made some awesome power on 93. whats the motor setup?
231/236 cam, all the supporting mods (springs, pushrods, trunion kit, etc). Stock intake, stock heads, stock bottom end.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Couple points...

231/236 cam, all the supporting mods (springs, pushrods, trunion kit, etc). Stock intake, stock heads, stock bottom end.

You have a keeper for a wife for her to do that for you.

2nd - impressive car. I know nothing about them at all. So it seems like Pontiac did their home-work on the bottom end to support all that HP?

3rd - what's the production numbers on the Twin Turbo model? I've only seen the standard G8's in my area.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
So your wife washed your car, then she had a professional photo shoot done... Can she come down here and give my wife lessons on how to be awesome like her?

CLN 6R

Established Member
You have a keeper for a wife for her to do that for you.

2nd - impressive car. I know nothing about them at all. So it seems like Pontiac did their home-work on the bottom end to support all that HP?

3rd - what's the production numbers on the Twin Turbo model? I've only seen the standard G8's in my area.
Thanks man!

The GXP has an LS3 motor, same engine as the C6 non Z06 Corvettes. They are very stout engines!

There were 1829 GXPs made, and this kit was a custom built kit by a guy in Texas at Inline Racing, so it's not a factory Twin Turbo car.

Here's an underbody shot of the car.

64DCF5C3-B11D-48A4-8C02-0B797DA502E4-4364-0000019D6B3AFA45_zps40cf2ffd.jpg

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
The pictures came out awesome! What did you have to do, fuel system-wise, to support that power?

Users who are viewing this thread