My version of the hood blanket mod.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Here goes another one.I've seen good threads for the removal modification
and Iv'e pondered on my move so here is the end result and I thing it came
out very respectfull to our cars. So for your viewing pleasure the best of both worlds, flaps down for extra heat dispersion and retaining the factory look. Note the Cobra hood on th upper end. Your comments are gladly welcomed. I trimmed as shown and bound with cloth repair tape then painted the whole blaket with flat black paint.
hood%20blanket%20mod%20001.jpg

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
looks good but cut open the lettering for the cobra it would look more flush w/ the silver color mixed w/ the black,,,

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
Good points from everyone and something else to ponder.I have a good friend who is a wiz with an airbrush and now the brainwaves are taking over again
thanks to all and stay tuned. :beer:

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
shocker 420 said:
Looks sweet/different... but if your going to do it a little... why not go all the way?!
Such as? please eloborate as your thoughts would be most welcome.

dougwg

Established Member
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, but the first thing that came to mind for a name for this kind of hood mod was

"The Thong"Hood Blanket Mod

:rockon:

Last edited:

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
dougwg said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, but the first thing that came to mind for a name for this kind of hood mod was

"The Thong"Hood Blanket Mod

:rockon:

One for you Doug,your thoughts are always in the right place. :-D :-D
I thought about leaving it off but the underneath of the hood on these cars is the one thing that is "fugly" in my opinon.

Last edited:

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
I think it the best of both worlds. Keeps the insulation while improving cooling from the hood ducts. Very nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
shocker 420 said:
Looks sweet/different... but if your going to do it a little... why not go all the way?!
The cover does provide some heat insulation for the hood. For that reason alone I never removed mine, even though the underside was finished exactly like the upper side. I know some will argue that it doesn't make a lot of difference as far as the paint, but I figured it was put there for a reason.

Z-Cobra, I do like the way you did yours. Very creative! :beer:
Seems that Ford routinely just sprayed the underside but never finished it properly, hence the dull look. But a lot of us got lucky I guess. ;-)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I wish someone would make mirrored inserts for under the hood. :poke: That would really help out those of us that have no paint, and tape on the bottom of the hood that looks like ass.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HISSMAN said:
I wish someone would make mirrored inserts for under the hood. :poke: That would really help out those of us that have no paint, and tape on the bottom of the hood that looks like ass.
I've seen this done in a couple of different ways, but I think it is all custom work. Wouldn't be hard to do, though. You basically cut pieces of stainless steel, polish them, and attach them to the hood. If done right it make popping your hood very dramatic if you have a sufficient amount of bling under there. :thumbsup:

Here is one example. Another way would be to cut a single piece, polish it, and attach to the hood. This method might be preferred if the underside of the hood isn't properly finished. I kind of like this one. Work well with this particular hood.
hood.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread