My wife is finding out....

jmontes04

Established Member
How expensive the Mustang hobby is. I've kinda let my addiction go south a bit with my car since I met her, and she called me out on it. I break something and to save money I wasn't replacing it with another performance part, I'd just find a stock piece as a "band-aid". Well my car is basically back to stock and she started asking questions... "why is your car so dirty?"..."why don't you take me for a cruise in your car" "why don't you get together with your friends anymore"... Simple answer.... My car is basically stock now. So she tells me to get back on it, so I comply. Bought another auburn posi, some 410s and re-did my exhaust, now there are more parts coming and she just smiles as I order stuff. She was really big into imports before I met her and now she drools over every Roush we come across. I love it!!!! Isn't it great when you have all your wife's (or husband's) support? I'm sure a lot of you have this kind of support at home....:pepper:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
It's definitely fun sharing this hobby with my husband. If we weren't in college with twins and broke we would be spending WAYYYY too much money on our '95.

jmontes04

Established Member
Wow, that was quick, I'll post pics when I'm on the computer (I'm doing this from my iPad). I'd spend a lot more money too if we didn't have our two kiddos. Luckily my son is a stang junky even at only 5 years old. He's got his own hot wheels mustang collection up on his room wall. I had to sell my 351 mustang early on and I've been crying about it ever since so now she's even trying to track it down for me. Can't ask for anything better.

Ironhand

Banned
It is great to have support of your significant other with this hobby. My gf thought it was odd when I told her that "Id rather be under a car then another woman", when she asked me about cheating when we first met. She supports my hobby and even bought me a 3.4L Whipple with Crusher inlet for Christmas last year!

jmontes04

Established Member
Wow, she got me my 555r's for my birthday, now I'm just anxious to see what's coming for Xmas lol. BTW can anyone tell me how to post pics?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Its good to have support from your wife. I always have had that support too. My wife knows how stressful the job I do is and it lets me relax. Bad thing is now.....theres to much job and not enough time to relax until I am completely run down. Still great to see you have a supportive wife. Congrats.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
Awesome bro....you got a winner there .

I bought a golf cart the other day . I plan on lifting it and getting some nice wheels/tires...and she says 'but how can we make it faster"......."I Love You" is all I could say to that!

jmontes04

Established Member
Test>>>
home.php

BriansZ

Established Member
I was out of the car scene for a few years, I sold my WS6 when my wife was pregnant and then I put less than 1,000 miles on my SS the first year my son was around so I sold that also. Last fall we stopped at a car show and my wife mentioned that she missed the cars, so that's when I started shopping and bought my Mustang.

I also forgot how expensive this hobby is. I could easily spend $10k without even breaking into the engine internals. And if I didn't have my wife to keep me in line, I probably would've spent it already. She's pretty supportive though, and keeps me from going into debt over this kind of stuff. I've been telling her lately that we can go to Mustang Week this year but I need at least a few mods first.

And here's a pic with one of the old cars.
DSC00740%20(Medium).JPG

Go Down South

Established Member
Thats awesome. My girlfriend has come to accept that I will continue to buy stuff for my car and is slowly beginning to accept it lol. She still thinks I'm stupid for wanting to sell my FRs to get another set of wheels since I havent had them for even a year yet.

Users who are viewing this thread