My WRX got some new shoes :)

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Rota Grid 18x8.5 in gold.
tires: Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/35/18
wanted to go 18x9.5 on the wheels (because it looks so damn good), but too many modifcations needed for my taste, and everywhere I read and it's a "stance" only thing. not ideal for handling. didn't want to comprimise what the WRX is great at... handling/cornering.
before (stock wheels)
DSC04620.jpg

after:
DSC04865.jpg

DSC04861.jpg

DSC04857.jpg

DSC04853.jpg

bull3441

Established Member
all you had to do for the 9.5" was some -camber and maybe roll the fenders in the rear. clear those headlights, lightwerkz did nice work on my Subies

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
all you had to do for the 9.5" was some -camber and maybe roll the fenders in the rear. clear those headlights, lightwerkz did nice work on my Subies

you def have to roll the fenders. but all that is not cheap. i'm taking my WRX to some open lapping days at a road course track this summer, and i've heard that the 9.5's aren't ideal for handling. even the guys at wheeldude.com (where I bought the wheels) said the 9.5's were a stance look only.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Looks way better, I like the tail lights too.

thanks. I'm not a fan of the factory clear looking (altezza looking) tailights. i love the all red. i had a local tint shop buy some red tint material and custom fit the tint on there. even did the third brake light up on the wing. I technically don't have reverse lights now (just lights up red), but hey... looks better, and I just really pay attention when going backwards.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
you def have to roll the fenders. but all that is not cheap. i'm taking my WRX to some open lapping days at a road course track this summer, and i've heard that the 9.5's aren't ideal for handling. even the guys at wheeldude.com (where I bought the wheels) said the 9.5's were a stance look only.
yeah i've been in some cars with 9.5+ and they felt like a steam roller. here's my suggestion, get some good R compound tires and put them on the stockers for track days. change your diff fluid after track days too. if Suby is still using the R160 in the rear, they don't handle heat like the r180's do in the STi's. i've popped a few rear diffs on the track:nonono:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
i'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but these wheels make my brake discs look miniature lol. I'd love a big brake kit, maybe some brembo's. wish it didn't cost $3,500+

bull3441

Established Member
i'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but these wheels make my brake discs look miniature lol. I'd love a big brake kit, maybe some brembo's. wish it didn't cost $3,500+
used Brembo's pop up cheap and often on Nasioc and iwsti. stoptech and APracing are better options as well.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Looks sweet man! Telling my buddy about this thread, he just got a white 2012. Are those the tail light overlays? He was telling me something about them.

Users who are viewing this thread