"Mystery" liquid on my Terminator's bumper...

Systemax302

Established Member
So last night I took the car out for a little run around on the roads outside town, maybe 30 minutes total. Car ran great, pulled hard, no overheating or weird issues.

So I get home and pop the hood to let her cool down a bit in the garage.
About an hour later I come outside and there's a droplet of a clear liquid on the bumper right in front of my drivers side headlight, kinda thick, like an oil consistency, but totally clear. There was also a similar liquid by my passenger side headlight that looked like it had partially dried, again, very small amount and totally clear. Everything in the engine bay looked bone dry and there was nothing on the underside or along the edges of the hood either. I did have the A/C on, but this wasn't condensation, it was thicker than that.

It's not oil and I don't believe it could be coolant either. I'm honestly perplexed by this and wondering if any of you have any thoughts or insight.

Thanks.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Hopefully it wasn't brake fluid.....wash that car immediately. And there's no guarantee it even came from your car....other vehicles, you might have followed....can be leaking fluids

Systemax302

Established Member
Hopefully it wasn't brake fluid.....wash that car immediately. And there's no guarantee it even came from your car....other vehicles, you might have followed....can be leaking fluids

I looked it over good, that's all there was. I sprayed it down and wiped it off good.
I honestly don't think it came from another car because it was a droplet, it wasn't sprayed on there like I drove into it or anything. It's just odd because I can't see any signs of any liquid or moisture under the hood anywhere. Everything in there is dry and nothing on the underside of the hood either that could have dripped off onto the headlight/bumper.
I suppose it COULD be coolant, I'm just surprised it had no color to it and there was no sign of where it came from in the engine bay.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It doesn't sound like something that came from the car to me. Sounds more like someone was walking by and whatever they were carrying dripped on the car. Fluid on the bumper is not a sign of a leak, IMO. Something had to be dripped on the car (i.e. like checking your dipstick and it dripped, or like some oil was being added and then dripped from the container).

Just my thoughts though..............

Zemedici

Established Member
It doesn't sound like something that came from the car to me. Sounds more like someone was walking by and whatever they were carrying dripped on the car. Fluid on the bumper is not a sign of a leak, IMO. Something had to be dripped on the car (i.e. like checking your dipstick and it dripped, or like some oil was being added and then dripped from the container).

Glenn get outta here with your logic! It was clearly skeet.

Systemax302

Established Member

Thing is it was in the garage and nobody else was around except me... It wasn't at a car show or something.

Actually, I may have just figured out this mystery.
My Golden Retriever was out and about in the yard and the garage door was wide open, she may have been smelling and investigating the Terminator. LOL

I'll update after I drive her again today, but if I had to bet money right now I'm thinking it was Lucy.

Zemedici

Established Member
Thing is it was in the garage and nobody else was around except me... It wasn't at a car show or something.

Actually, I may have figured out this mystery. My Golden Retriever was out and about in the yard and the garage door was wide open, she may have been smelling and investigating the Terminator. LOL

I'll update after I drive her again today, but if I had to bet money right now I'm thinking it was Lucy.

Lucy......

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Actually, I may have just figured out this mystery.
My Golden Retriever was out and about in the yard and the garage door was wide open, she may have been smelling and investigating the Terminator. LOL

Yep, Lucy dripped on the car LOL........ I've heard Lucy could be juicy LMAO!!!!!

Guess you were right after all Josh.....

Users who are viewing this thread