Mystic is under the knife for mods.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Well I couldnt resist the urge to hear the off road X. Its a little bit raspier at startup. Not as loud at idle but when you gun it oh boy. Its pretty loud. I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it. May be for sale very soon. :shrug:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Well I'm going to hold off for a day on the rest of the mods and drive it to work tonight. That way I'll know if it needs to come off already.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Pretty loud alright. It sounds so sweet when you stab the throttle at higher rpms. Reminds me of a top fuel dragster from far away. A quick mean blip of the throttle! BRRAAAOOPPP!
Only got on it once due to traffic and rain. I'll try so more tonight when I get off.

whippleblown03

Established Member
no cats right now! i have the cats to put in ! want to hook my wideband into the replacement pipes so i can check on what the A/F is doing! if i ever get that whipple! probably wont see it for a few more weeks!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm just going to sell them. Just not my flavor on my Cobra. The 5.0 would be a whole different story.

Joe5.0

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
I'm just going to sell them. Just not my flavor on my Cobra. The 5.0 would be a whole different story.

I think a Catted Magnaflow Xpipe or MRt catted H pipe is the sound your looking for Greg.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I like the sound it has already. Just curious what it would sound like without the cats. Going to get a local shop to weld in an X on my stock setup.

Last edited:

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
What size shot of gas are you going to run? I think I'm just following your footsteps! Haha. I'd like some 18s but I'm still attached to the stock wheels, the only ones I would really like are some BBS Plasma RKs. Speaking of which, I found a picture a little while ago of a Mystic with those wheels, anyone have it? Anyway, that thing is going to be sick with the juice! +2 on the dyno #'s!!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'll admit. I'm looking to post a number more than anything else. I dont get traction as it is now. Sort of wasted power. When Hoosier makes thier recently released DOT tires in the new 315 size I'll be going that route. Guys running the 335 version say they can only get the tires to bark on the 1-2 shift! Then, if all goes well, I'll drop in the big pill. 150! I want to see what my combo will do! Run whatcha brung!

Users who are viewing this thread