Mystic or keep my 03?

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Price could be better, IMO. Just keep working them. Sounds like you want to take the plunge anyway, might as well go for the best price.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
What color is your 03.. any mods? 37.5k is alot, plus im sure you will lose some on the 03

TRBO VNM

I am not sure what x-plan or any of the other plans price is on that car, but can you get a pin? I would say it depends on the difference in payments and what they are giving you for your car. And if there are any mods you can't take off, like welded subframes and stuff, are you will or have the money to buy them again.

those are the things I thought of proir to getting my comp orange. good luck. I think I made a great choice.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
I am not sure what x-plan or any of the other plans price is on that car, but can you get a pin? I would say it depends on the difference in payments and what they are giving you for your car. And if there are any mods you can't take off, like welded subframes and stuff, are you will or have the money to buy them again.

those are the things I thought of proir to getting my comp orange. good luck. I think I made a great choice.

Where did you get your comp orange from? What dealer?

fr03cobra

Established Member
I tried to trade my 03 in on th 04 mystic and they would not give me crap for my 03. You would be better off selling it own your own.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
I'm not sure which way to go. I never really thought about buying a Mystic until I saw one at dealership in New York (McCarville Ford).
It seem like the 04's are not plagued with all the problems the early 03's have. I'm pretty sure the tick is toss up, but the vibration and other issues seem to be worked out. Or am I wrong?

TRBO VNM

point,

I met you at Amazon one day. I had the redfire. You came by to have Rick check out the code or something issue you had. I think he scanned your computer or something

anyway, I got it from Sheehy in G-burg. Talk to Steve Fransisco in sales. I think that is how you spell his last name. He located the car and got it to the dealership.

FKing1

Established Member
My 2p's. The 04's are improved over the 03's. Mine has had virtually no problems in 3500 miles and 6 mos. If you can get a decent price for yours and the 04, go for it. Remember no Cobras until 2007!
Fred K.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I'd keep yours. Literally, I'll take it, hehe j/k. To me, seems like a lot of headache to be worrying about the mystic paint when your out with it. Plus 37,500 is a lot when your gonna take a hit on your 03. What were you doing around McCarville? I take my car there for service, great service dept. there. They're the only dealership I know that sells performance parts. That mystichrome was still there when I was there last Friday.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
I'd keep yours. Literally, I'll take it, hehe j/k. To me, seems like a lot of headache to be worrying about the mystic paint when your out with it. Plus 37,500 is a lot when your gonna take a hit on your 03. What were you doing around McCarville? I take my car there for service, great service dept. there. They're the only dealership I know that sells performance parts. That mystichrome was still there when I was there last Friday.

My parents live out that way. McCarville is where I bought my 01 Cobra. Good bunch of guys.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Well guys, after thinking it over, I decided to keep my 03. After running the numbers it just hurts too much. Thanks for all your help.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by FKing1
My 2p's. The 04's are improved over the 03's. Mine has had virtually no problems in 3500 miles and 6 mos. If you can get a decent price for yours and the 04, go for it. Remember no Cobras until 2007!
Fred K.
I don't know Fred......kinda early to say the 04's are improved. Some of the early 03's have had some bugs but my 03 has 12,000 miles with no problems, (knock on wood!). According to threads on this Forum, there are no major changes or improvements between the 03's and 04's.

Vic, hope you're happy with your decision.......interested in Jimmy Cone this Saturday evening?

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by pgordon
good idea to keep the 03, trade in value for the 03 is 20k

depends on miles on the car...but damn, that is low. I got 25k for mine and it had 6k miles on it.

Point, checked PM and replied.

Ironterp: I think there are more changes than people have noticed. I seem to find something else everyday. maybe small and meaningless, but still different. Oh yeah, remember when you closed my hood with barely a drop? No need to drop it at all. it closes as easy as any other car. The only problem is, since every car is different, the things I see different between this car and my 03 I had could be totally different from what others experience. I really is a guessing game.

Users who are viewing this thread