Mystic Sunset

turbocake

Established Member
go check out a color sheet at your local auto paint store (they supply body shops and average schmoes) of whatever their main line of paint's chameleon-type colors they have. House of Kolor, PPG, DuPont, BASF, and even in spraycans now, they're all different lines with the same prizmatic effect concept, but their appearances are all very different. I like BASF's, PPG's, DuPont's, in that order, and, for the money, the House of Kolor stuff.

The Mystichrome is cool because it hits the green and purple hard and clear, and most of the time either color is very vivid and clean, and there doesn't seem to be much sign from the uglier colors of the typical spectrum. Gold is good, but like honey, too much will spoil the stomach... nevermind the milky fades of most other colors out there, which are very linear and usually do a disservice to the car's overall appearance.

I've worked in/been in countless body shops and worked for several paint stores mixing/selling paint and getting training from these companies' reps, so I've seen a lot of paint (even made some cool colors myself) and the Mystichrome color is definitely something to be stoked about.

DCAN87

Established Member
I wish I had a mystic. Thats the top cobra. They just look so nice.

ModsAway

Established Member
Those pictures are great. Makes me wish I waited a year to buy an 04 instead of an 03 :bash:

Ah well I guess I would not have enjoyed the car for the summer of 03 if I did that.

Users who are viewing this thread