Mystichrome steering wheel re-cover option/help

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Calling out Mystichrome owners that have old, worn-out steering wheels... I have some of the original leather that I’d like to cut into the 3 pieces needed for getting your steering wheel re-covered. I need to get exact dimensions though so I don’t waste any of this rare leather.

I am looking for someone that has a dead wheel that is willing to carefully cut the stitching and mail me the 3 Mystichrome pieces (I need the 3 pieces intact). I will then make patterns out of them and sell “re-cover” kits. Dallas Custom Steering Wheel can re-cover your steering wheel to make it look new again. I bought the wheel pictured below from them and it matches my pristine OEM wheels perfectly. The difference in color was just due to the camera angle and lighting differences on the color changing leather.

The price on the kits will depend on how much leather is needed per wheel (I’ll know this once I get the worn out pieces) and how many kits I can cut out of the leather.

I’ll offer whoever helps me first with the dimensions: a kit for 1/2 price.

The wheel I bought that was re-covered:

8-EA54-EF3-6-A8-E-4-C58-A767-AC0023-B6-CAF2.jpg

82-C257-DD-8842-4-D96-BC59-A5-A275-FC2065.jpg

65473-F68-89-B3-4-E61-A9-A7-A6731-B17-A997.jpg

My stock... I sold the 2 square pieces recently, but there is quite a bit of the leather left here. That’s a 1 foot ruler in the pic:

F68-D1-BA9-1-FBA-47-B8-BD66-25-AA991-CFEBA.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have my old wheel in a box right now. The leather was pretty dirty and that's why I replaced it. I've been wanting to take another crack at it with the Black Label stuff you recommended. I'll pull it out this weekend and give it a shot. If it doesn't clean up and no one else comes forward I'll send you the pieces.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I have my old wheel in a box right now. The leather was pretty dirty and that's why I replaced it. I've been wanting to take another crack at it with the Black Label stuff you recommended. I'll pull it out this weekend and give it a shot. If it doesn't clean up and no one else comes forward I'll send you the pieces.

Excellent!

It’s definitely worth trying to clean first. Really any leather cleaner will work. Just get a soft horse hair brush and scrub the wheel with cleaner. Wipe with a damp rag and see what happens. You have nothing to lose and it might come out nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread