N/A CJ 5.0 vs 2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
N/A vs. N/A action I love it!!

My buddies Viper beautiful car! had his wife with him. Due to retarded cold streets from tonight, 2x 60-150 rolls so the viper could hook, Put about 1.5 cars on him, Go Pro dead due to recording nonsense :/ Vipers only mod is CAI. I was riding solo, with my weight reduction I'd say we were pretty close in weight overall if anything I had a slight weight advantage 50 +/- lbs ? I must say, not that I wasn't already completely horny over Vipers, the damn things run great.

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
guess i never really pay attention to Vipers, i had to look up the specs on that one. good KILL!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Was wondering what would if I ran my co-workers 05 viper. OP you're making about 460 to the wheels?

I also weigh more in my cobra vert but I dont think he's that great of a driver. Nice kill though. Guess I'll find out sooner or later.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice kill, the Gen III (03-06) Vipers usually run right around 120mph in the 1/4. Luckily it wasn't a Gen 4, those things are pretty nasty stock when driven well. Surprised he had traction issues, they come with 355 rear tires lol.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Was wondering what would if I ran my co-workers 05 viper. OP you're making about 460 to the wheels?

I also weigh more in my cobra vert but I dont think he's that great of a driver. Nice kill though. Guess I'll find out sooner or later.

My E85 tune still isn't 100%. Been very busy. I'd assumed I was 460-470. I would say based on this race I'm pretty close to that. This guy is a hell of a driver. I was pretty pleased that I pulled him on a high speed roll. I'd dig race a gen 4 ;) at 120 it'd smoke me tho!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Ok well I make 460 and this viper guy isn't a driver so I'll probably beat the driver more than the car lmao. I weigh 280 in a 3800lb vert :nonono:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Damn good kill! Figured he would of pulled you though. Man i can't wait for my CJ to get here next week :)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Are 3.31's better than 3.73's for roll racing? What is the actual difference.

3.31's maximize the time spent making peak power.

As an example: I heard the Viper shift twice While I was still winding out 3rd gear then was shifting again right as I was shifting into 4th. However, 3.31's aren't going to get out of the hole too great at the track w/o spray/blower/turbo

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Nice kill OP! It's funny how everybody is in here saying good kill and everything when you beat a SRT10 viper with CAI yet when you beat a stock Z06 it's like OMG, WTF, BBQ, NO WAY DID! :shrug:

Mach Boy

Established Member
Nice kill OP! It's funny how everybody is in here saying good kill and everything when you beat a SRT10 viper with CAI yet when you beat a stock Z06 it's like OMG, WTF, BBQ, NO WAY DID! :shrug:

Because everyone seems to know that they (for the money) seem to underperform.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Because everyone seems to know that they (for the money) seem to underperform.

underperform ? 3rd Gen Vipers are low 12x trap cars capable of 11.9-12.1 stock. While yes they cost more than a Z06 they're in the same ballpark stock vs. stock. With the z06 maybe pulling a car or two trapping 124-126 with 11.40-11.7 et's So yeah, Vnomis hit the nail on the head. It's all good, pretty well known the amount of C6Z nutswing that goes on around here. I love the cars, I'm just a Ford man :/

Regardless These Sub 500 flywheel horsepower V8's that are N/A are just awesome to me, much more impressive then throwing boost or nitrous at something. My 2 other buddies with Heads/Cam/Full Exhaust/E85 C6Z's are pushing 600'ish to the wheels @3k pounds. The cars dominate the street vs alot of things with major power adders.

QuickC5Z

Established Member
underperform ? 3rd Gen Vipers are low 12x trap cars capable of 11.9-12.1 stock. While yes they cost more than a Z06 they're in the same ballpark stock vs. stock. With the z06 maybe pulling a car or two trapping 124-126 with 11.40-11.7 et's So yeah, Vnomis hit the nail on the head. It's all good, pretty well known the amount of C6Z nutswing that goes on around here. I love the cars, I'm just a Ford man :/

Regardless These Sub 500 flywheel horsepower V8's that are N/A are just awesome to me, much more impressive then throwing boost or nitrous at something. My 2 other buddies with Heads/Cam/Full Exhaust/E85 C6Z's are pushing 600'ish to the wheels @3k pounds. The cars dominate the street vs alot of things with major power adders.

That gap in mph is a lot more than a car or two.

Users who are viewing this thread