N/A CJ 5.0 vs 2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
That gap in mph is a lot more than a car or two.

On average stock c6z's trap 124 around here Gen 3's 121 3MPH isn't 6 cars. Now if you want to compare a low side of the scale gen 3 120 MPH trap vs a high side of the scale c6z trap of 127 Then sure 7 MPH is a big gap but, I wouldn't call that the norm.

QuickC5Z

Established Member
On average stock c6z's trap 124 around here Gen 3's 121 3MPH isn't 6 cars. Now if you want to compare a low side of the scale gen 3 120 MPH trap vs a high side of the scale c6z trap of 127 Then sure 7 MPH is a big gap but, I wouldn't call that the norm.

I think the gap between the two are a little bigger, but for the sake of argument, 3 mph is pulling. Depending how long the race is, 6 cars is possible.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I dont know about measuring car lengths through trap speeds but for each tenth of a second thats a car. On average, the C6Z does 11.6-11.8 @ 124"ish", basically the same as an average driven 13+ GT500. C6Z "should" be beating this particular generation viper by 3-4 cars is my guess.

Gotta love bench racing :dancenana:

Elwood617

Established Member
Nice wins op, I see a CJ manifold in my future :)

Nice kill OP! It's funny how everybody is in here saying good kill and everything when you beat a SRT10 viper with CAI yet when you beat a stock Z06 it's like OMG, WTF, BBQ, NO WAY DID! :shrug:

Let alone a pullied CoBro, oh no!!!

Id still take the Viper over the vette though lol.

I'm the opposite, the C6Z06 is what I'll be getting when the kids leave the house :)

OneSlowV

Established Member
They are just rarer to see that's why i like them. And the new viper is faster than the ZR1 simple bolt ons those cars fly.

b_dike

Established Member
5.0 vs the 2 Heads/Cam/ Full Exhaust E85 C6Z's resulted in epic destruction! :/ Were you out and about last night ?

No I wasn't, my truck is broke down so I've been dding my cobra. So I've not raced much this year. Tob is on its way out plus the stock clutch is starting to slip.

Elwood617

Established Member
They are just rarer to see that's why i like them. And the new viper is faster than the ZR1 simple bolt ons those cars fly.

And they look awesome, I saw one of the new vipers at a c&c and it was nice!
I just prefer the LS7 to the V10 and I like the looks of the Vette as well :)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Well after this weekend. C6Z's are pretty much the most common car out on the street. were at least 30 of them most had cam/heads. More C6Z's than 5.0's, Cobra's, GT500's combined.

Based on that, I would never consider a c6z. I'm partial too the look of the C5Z anyways.

Both my buddies got there cars right away, even their like, WTF!! Guess it's time for something different.

They're no doubt bad ass cars, just becoming too regular. So, I'd take a Viper too.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I think the gap between the two are a little bigger, but for the sake of argument, 3 mph is pulling. Depending how long the race is, 6 cars is possible.

Not arguing but my group of buddies consisted of 2 -600 whp c6z gen 3 viper, myself and my Bros mid 12s gen 2. The built c6z's were putting those sorta lengths on the viper from 60-130'ish hits. To a degree I think people over value a stock c6z's performance abilities. They make the same power compared to a gen3 viper with less trq and are within 50 pounds of each other. That doesn't equate to bus lengths I'm sorry :(

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Well after this weekend. C6Z's are pretty much the most common car out on the street. were at least 30 of them most had cam/heads. More C6Z's than 5.0's, Cobra's, GT500's combined.
I believe it, the car was made from 2006-2013. Even with low production numbers in its later years I can imagine a car as bad ass as the c6z being everywhere. Especially since the prices have dropped and it will continue to drop once the c7z comes out.

Does anyone know where I can find build numbers for our cars? Build numbers for 2011-2014 5.0, '13-'14 GT500.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
dpY5tce.gif

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I was door to door with an older GTS in my '11 GT that was 6spd manual with the 3.31's and a Steeda CAI and tune. Probably would've pulled a little after I put the catless X on that car.

Users who are viewing this thread