N20 question

Stupercharged

Established Member
im looking at getting the ZEX safe shot nitrous kit and just running the 15 shot probably. the only reason im getting it is to cool down my intake temps. on their website it says all you need is a tuner which i have. i am new to nos and i see a lot of people with window switches and wot actuators or whatever they are called and was wondering if i need these thing for this small of a shot. are there any other additional things i may need with the kit. will i need a bap or a new maf? my other mods are upr in the fender intake, 3.1 pulley, magnaflow x-pipe and catback. thanks for the help guys.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
What charge temps are you seeing with that 3.10 pulley that have you wanting to spend all that money on just a little 15 shot of nitrous?

Stupercharged

Established Member
its a 15-35hp kit and its only $315 bucks. since i have already ordered a 2.65 upper pulley w/ idlers i already have all the mods i want (i.e. intake, exhaust, pulley, tune) except for a port. i have not data logged the car at all but since im going with the 2.65 i figured cooling the temps would never be a bad thing even if they are not high to begin with. the reason im only going with the small kit is because im not a big fan of nos to begin with because everyone gets all high and mighty when they run it and they they run out and they're like no i dont wana race cuz my car is slow as hell off the bottle. i want my car to be fast all the time and the nos will just be a little extra.

mustangtw

Established Member
its a 15-35hp kit and its only $315 bucks. since i have already ordered a 2.65 upper pulley w/ idlers i already have all the mods i want (i.e. intake, exhaust, pulley, tune) except for a port. i have not data logged the car at all but since im going with the 2.65 i figured cooling the temps would never be a bad thing even if they are not high to begin with. the reason im only going with the small kit is because im not a big fan of nos to begin with because everyone gets all high and mighty when they run it and they they run out and they're like no i dont wana race cuz my car is slow as hell off the bottle. i want my car to be fast all the time and the nos will just be a little extra.

I don't know about the dry kits, but on my 75 shot wet kit I datalogged on and off the nitrous and noticed only slightly, if any, cooler intake charge temps. I was seeing maybe 2 deg drop in temps on a 75 wet which is next to nothing, so I doubt you will see any cooling effects from a 15 or 35 shot. I'm thinking you start to see the cooling effects in the bigger shots like 100+, but idk for sure. All I know is I barley saw any drop in temps on a 75, so who knows. :shrug: I paid $379 for a new dynotune wet kit and it's got jets from 75-150hp.

twhitey

Established Member
At least run a 50 shot or save your money,
Maybe a meth kit would work better for just cooling

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
The reason you won't see the difference in charge temps is the intercooler is heating the air back up, same reason meth isn't very effective on our cars. It does cool the blower off, but you won't see much of a difference in temps after the IC.

Atra_Diabolus

I kill Brick Walls
Established Member
The reason you won't see the difference in charge temps is the intercooler is heating the air back up, same reason meth isn't very effective on our cars. It does cool the blower off, but you won't see much of a difference in temps after the IC.

I have the Snow Performance kit and I ran the nozzle from underneath the intake manifold after the intercooler. I don't have the whole thing set up yet so I can't tell you if that was the way to go, but from what you said it seems my placement of the nozzle might have helped a little more.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I have the Snow Performance kit and I ran the nozzle from underneath the intake manifold after the intercooler. I don't have the whole thing set up yet so I can't tell you if that was the way to go, but from what you said it seems my placement of the nozzle might have helped a little more.

If you're going to run meth that's the way to go with our blowers.

Stupercharged

Established Member
alrite well if its not worth it for the charge temps what accessories would i need to safely run a bigger shot of nitrous? window switch, TPS switch/sensor? any ideas?

and i thought the point of the intercooler was to cool the charge temps down not heat them up?

Last edited:

mustangtw

Established Member
alrite well if its not worth it for the charge temps what accessories would i need to safely run a bigger shot of nitrous? window switch, TPS switch/sensor? any ideas?

and i thought the point of the intercooler was to cool the charge temps down not heat them up?

Most digital window switches have a built in electronic tps, so with that you should be good to go. If you really want safe than wire in a fuel pressure safety switch as well.

Stupercharged

Established Member
are those the only 2 "safety" features you should have/need for a nos kit? im new to nos so if theres any more suggestions let me hear em!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

The intercooler will keep the air going through it as hot/cold as the coolant flowing through it. So if the coolant is warm and the air going through it is colder, the intercooler will be warming it back up. The colder air or nitrous will still help, but you won't see a big change and it won't show up on a datalog of charge temps.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
are those the only 2 "safety" features you should have/need for a nos kit? im new to nos so if theres any more suggestions let me hear em!

WOT switch, rpm window switch, and fuel ressure safety switch.

sucks to wrire up but it's not that bad.

just spray a 50-75 shot :) I went with about a 90 shot before I was happy :rockon:

a bottle heater will keep your NOS pressure nice and cosistent also.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
my car will out run 90% of the cars I encounter on the street in my area already that will actually even play. The NOS is for the 10% of the seldom occasions I have the chance to use it.

Tractionless1

Established Member
If you want to keep your IAT2's cool all the time on the street invest in a Killer Chiller. In the long run it will be cheaper than refilling your NOS bottle and will actually work.

Stupercharged

Established Member
killer chiller is 2x the price the kit i was looking at and you cant upgrade killer chiller to give you more horsepower. i know cooler temps are worth some horsepower but i dont think as much as nos could potentially give you.

Users who are viewing this thread