NASCAR at the LA Coliseum | Thoughts???

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty big crowd, they say 80% of ticket holders had never been to a Nascar race.

Still great to see/hear a prayer offered and televised before an event.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wish they would just stfu with all the driver intros, multiple grand marshalls etc etc...
Let go already.

Short track racing is about as exciting as it gets.

rborden

Established Member
Nascar hasn’t been Nascar since Dale Earnhardt died. That is the day I stopped watching.

The L.A. Coliseum is too small for Nascar. This is a dying gasp by an organization to remain relevant.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, it was terrible. I'll agree.
150 laps took about 45 minutes, with an Ice Cube (wtf?) concert midway through the race.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I watched a few minutes out of curiosity and it was just sad

Yes, it was terrible. I'll agree.
150 laps took about 45 minutes, with an Ice Cube (wtf?) concert midway through the race.
^This.

And when I turn Motortrend+ on:
1644233285213.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't watch it. Didn't care to. Apparently it was as dumb as I thought it would be.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Pretty big crowd, they say 80% of ticket holders had never been to a Nascar race.

Still great to see/hear a prayer offered and televised before an event.
Pretty apparent of this when they were planning the TV across the crowd. Most folks were dressed tot the 9s in their high fashion brands n apparel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here is some additional info from a recent report about the Clash change of location, and what the future holds. My question is, how do the diehard fans really feel about the direction Nascar has chosen, given the location choice and entertainment picks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NASCAR Busch Light Clash is just the start of exhibitions in stadiums, according to a top NASCAR executive.

The NASCAR Busch Light Clash exhibition race run on a temporary track built inside the Coliseum in Los Angeles is the pilot for other such races, including internationally, according to a top executive with the racing sanctioning body.

If the idea is that this exhibition is a “one-and-done” type of event, Phelps said it’s not, giving fans of the sport to wonder how –- and where future events inside a stadium might be. Phelps did not disclose the location but said that before going to the LA Coliseum, NASCAR was looking at another facility to host the event.

“This race is our proof-of-concept,” said Phelps. “Could we take the concept internationally? The answer is yes. We’ll do a lessons learned from the race at its conclusion but early results have been extraordinary. But, we’ll want to see what the racing has been like? Is it a good depiction of our racing? Can you do it, and do it coast effective? Do you partner with other countries or cities or facilities that you can? I think the opportunities are limitless. I believe we have shown that we are bold in the decisions we make from a car standpoint; from a scheduling standpoint; what we’re doing from a social justice standpoint – all those things we have to be bold as well as how we market our sport. And it’s working.”

As to whether racing returns to the LA Coliseum, NBC Sports is reporting that the Busch Clash could be there through 2024.

The venue. The market. The entertainment. The race, itself. All point to a ratings and marketing win for NASCAR.
After Sunday, the only question will be, what stadium – and where – might the Busch Light Clash exhibition race head to next?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above exerpts come from the following news article.

Nascar Clash Race At LA Coliseum Is Just The Start Of Exhibition Races In Stadiums​

Maury Brown
Senior Contributor
SportsMoney
2020 Natl Sportswriter Of The Year Nominee, BBWAA, MLB, Motorsports

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Happened to turn on the TV, there it was. I gave it 20 min. They should have been running Legend cars. The cars were just too large.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is some additional info from a recent report about the Clash change of location, and what the future holds. My question is, how do the diehard fans really feel about the direction Nascar has chosen, given the location choice and entertainment picks.

The NASCAR Busch Light Clash is just the start of exhibitions in stadiums, according to a top NASCAR executive.

The NASCAR Busch Light Clash exhibition race run on a temporary track built inside the Coliseum in Los Angeles is the pilot for other such races, including internationally, according to a top executive with the racing sanctioning body.

If the idea is that this exhibition is a “one-and-done” type of event, Phelps said it’s not, giving fans of the sport to wonder how –- and where future events inside a stadium might be. Phelps did not disclose the location but said that before going to the LA Coliseum, NASCAR was looking at another facility to host the event.

“This race is our proof-of-concept,” said Phelps. “Could we take the concept internationally? The answer is yes. We’ll do a lessons learned from the race at its conclusion but early results have been extraordinary. But, we’ll want to see what the racing has been like? Is it a good depiction of our racing? Can you do it, and do it coast effective? Do you partner with other countries or cities or facilities that you can? I think the opportunities are limitless. I believe we have shown that we are bold in the decisions we make from a car standpoint; from a scheduling standpoint; what we’re doing from a social justice standpoint – all those things we have to be bold as well as how we market our sport. And it’s working.”

As to whether racing returns to the LA Coliseum, NBC Sports is reporting that the Busch Clash could be there through 2024.

The venue. The market. The entertainment. The race, itself. All point to a ratings and marketing win for NASCAR.
After Sunday, the only question will be, what stadium – and where – might the Busch Light Clash exhibition race head to next?

The above exerpts come from the following news article.

Nascar Clash Race At LA Coliseum Is Just The Start Of Exhibition Races In Stadiums​

Maury Brown
Senior Contributor
SportsMoney
2020 Natl Sportswriter Of The Year Nominee, BBWAA, MLB, Motorsports
The WWE of racing...

smfh

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I liked the idea . . . I'm a big Martinsville fan, and this track felt like a west coast version of it. But, the racing really was boring.

I turned this sport on in 1998 to see this guy everyone hated because he was educated and kept winning (Gordon). I got hooked and was a rabid fan until the Chase format started. My interest started to dwindle with that and, admittedly, with Gordon's fall from his prime. I'm down to watching 1-2 races a year . . . and even then, I don't make it the whole race.

Users who are viewing this thread