NASCAR Bristol Race Tonight...

1320Pro

Established Member
Kyle Busch is a whiny, pain in the ass who would be the first to do that to someone else (and has). Glad Carl got him and I hope he does it again in the chase.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
Ain't nothin' better than a night race at Bristol!

Damn shame the rain interfered with my satellite signal with 57 laps to go :fm: Hoping to see a video of the last few from the time Carl got by Kyle to the time Kyle had his little episode.

bullitt1672

Established Member
kyle busch is a whiney bitch. I lol'd when he tried to spin Carl out at the end of the race and he it backfired on his whiney ass.

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
:lol: :thumbsup: I agree with you! Carl did himself right with the move, so I give him props for it. Nice win for him and the fans..

Busch exhibited bad sportsmanship about getting bumped, yet he was the spinout aggressor during the Richmond Nationwide and Sprint Cup races one same weekend earlier this season.

Check out the article below I found through google.. Quoted in red and bold are some notable quotes from Steve Wallace and Dale Earnhardt Jr's crew chief Eury Jr.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/19/SPNV11B6M3.DTL

Copied and pasted from the link above for all to see here:

Singing the boos
Stock-car fans love to hate points-leader Kyle Busch
Nancy Gay, Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, June 19, 2008

(06-19) 11:35 PDT -- If it's a NASCAR race weekend, then Kyle "Rowdy" Busch knows what he can expect, before and after the event. Boos. Jeers. Cups and cans of beer tossed in his direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His fellow drivers in NASCAR's Sprint Cup, Nationwide Cup and Craftsman Truck Series aren't quite sure what to expect each race. Will Busch, 23, bump or shove them into a wall on an overly aggressive pass in his No. 18 car?

After he does it, will there be a fistfight or merely the requisite name-calling over allegations of dirty tactics and thin skin?

It doesn't matter that Busch heads to Infineon Raceway for this weekend's Toyota/Save Mart 350 as the NASCAR Sprint Cup points leader. He knows he'll be the hunted - and the hated - and in his mind, there is nothing he can do about it.

"It doesn't matter if you're winning races or, you know, not really winning races. If you show a persona on TV or whatever that I guess I've shown, just people don't adhere to it. They don't like you," said Busch, who has four Sprint Cup wins this season and six more in the Nationwide and Craftsman Truck series. "They don't like seeing people (who) are cocky or arrogant or whatever.

"I guess I've been portrayed that (way) a little bit. It's kind of frustrating because I don't feel like that's who I am or that's who I've tried to portray. But that's basically the reason why I feel like that I'm disliked. It's not necessarily just because of the on-track success."

Then again, maybe it is.

Already this season, there have been several incidents between Busch and other drivers - including a well-publicized encounter with Dale Earnhardt Jr, who took his spot on the Hendrick Racing team, that has kept Junior's fans boiling all season.

When Busch, running third, took out second-place-driver Johnny Benson on the final lap of the Kroger 250 Craftsman Truck Series race at Martinsville, Va., on March 29, Fox analyst Darrell Waltrip lambasted Busch's recklessness.

Bad blood boiled to the point that pit crews from Busch and Benson's team clashed after the race.

"Busch goes over the edge when he really doesn't need to," Waltrip said during the Sprint Cup pre-race show the following day.

On May 2 in a nighttime Nationwide Race at Richmond, Va., Busch reacted bitterly to a rear bump from Steve Wallace, son of Rusty, by confronting Steve in his car after the race. Wallace grabbed Busch by the helmet and shook him off. The two exchanged verbal jabs.

"When you bump somebody on the straightaway, if you want to play boys' games like that, then it's every man for himself," Busch said. "I don't care - I'll wreck as many cars as I need to."

Countered Wallace: "I just jerked him by the helmet and rattled his cage a little bit. He was just a little girl about it. I just think it's bad when they call driver introductions and everyone in the grandstands boos you. ... He's a sore loser."

The following afternoon during the Sprint Cup event at Richmond, Busch tried to squeeze past race-leader Earnhardt with two laps remaining by pushing Junior to the outside wall. Earnhardt - chasing his first win in two seasons - spun out and was denied victory.

"Whether that was fair or not, he's going to need some security - from all of us," Earnhardt said when asked afterward whether Busch might need some extra track handlers to protect him from the angry crowd.

Earnhardt, who finished 15th, gave Busch credit for driving fairly through most of the race but it was clear he was furious.

"I've been priding myself on running good," Earnhardt said. "I was in position for a win. I ran hard. And got wrecked. I had a top-3 car. I should have finished in the top 3. I was going for the win."

Was this typical Busch bad-boy behavior? Or did Busch simply drive poorly and let his car slip into Earnhardt? Hendrick Racing crew chief Tony Eury Jr. thought the former.

"Looks like he needs to be grabbed by the helmet again," Eury said on Earnhardt's radio.

Busch finished second, and denied the move was intentional. He also refuted any notion that the move was retaliatory because Earnhardt replaced him at Hendrick Motorsports.

"That was just a product of good racing," he said of knocking Earnhardt's car into the wall. "I hate that I did it. We just didn't give each other enough room in Turn 3. I didn't feel that I slipped."

A week later, seething fans at Darlington, S.C., booed Busch's mother during the pre-race introductions. When Busch won the event, fans littered the track with debris, including beer cans and coolers.

No wonder Busch has earned other nicknames, such as "Vile" and "Wild Thing." His older brother, Kurt, is a longtime NASCAR hellraiser. They hail from Las Vegas, which seems downright blasphemous to NASCAR purists who prefer their drivers with Southern roots.

Bad-boy images once defined NASCAR's race rosters, with drivers such as Richard Petty and David Pearson known to duke it out over race-day incidents. Cale Yarborough once clocked Bobby Allison with his helmet while in the midst of a shouting match with Donnie Allison.

Multimillion-dollar corporate sponsorships and a push to make NASCAR more family-oriented might have made the series appear, well, boring. Perhaps that's how a congenial driver such as Jeff Gordon - the only five-time winner at Infineon Raceway - could draw the ire of hard-core fans.

Gordon, who has experienced his share of jeering race followers, said he never intended to be an object of scorn for stock-car fans. He says the same holds true for Busch.

"You don't want anyone to dislike you," Gordon said. "But that controversy and rivalry among the fans has been a positive thing for me, and I think it's been positive for Kyle. You can't control how people react to you. All you can control is what you do on the racetrack, and you have to give him credit for that."

What didn't stay in Vegas
Driver: Kyle Busch

Hometown: Las Vegas

Car: No. 18 M&M's Toyota

Cup highlights: Four wins in '08; won once in '06 and '07, twice in rookie '05 season

Average finish: 10th

Sprint Cup rank: 1st

Notable: Joined Joe Gibbs Racing this year after three years with Hendrick Motorsports; brother Kurt won series title in '04
Kyle Busch clashes
NASCAR Sprint Cup points leader Kyle "Rowdy" (or "Vile" or "Wild Thing") Busch is known for his aggressive driving style and brash attitude, which often make him a target of other drivers and fans alike. Here are some of Busch's most notable feuds and encounters this season:

-- March 29, Martinsville: On the final lap of the 250-lap Craftsman Truck Series race, Busch is running third behind Johnny Benson as the two exit Turn 3. Neither is in position to overtake eventual winner Dennis Setzer. Busch drives his truck underneath Benson and clips the rear, causing both vehicles to spin out. They finish 25-26th instead of two-three. Fox analyst Darrell Waltrip criticizes Busch's move, and pit crews from the Busch and Benson teams clash after the race.

-- May 2, Richmond: In a Friday night Nationwide Cup race, Steve Wallace - son of Rusty - bumps Busch's car from behind entering Turn 3 in the final lap of the Lipton Tea 250, helping preserve the win for Denny Hamlin. Minutes later, an angry Busch confronts Wallace, who is still inside his No. 66 car, by sticking his helmeted face through the passenger window. Wallace retaliates by grabbing Busch's helmet with his left hand and Busch abruptly backs off. Both drivers rip each other verbally afterward.

-- May 3, Richmond: In the Sprint Cup race Saturday afternoon, Busch makes contact with the No. 88 car of Dale Earnhardt Jr. as the two challenged for the lead with three laps remaining in the Dan Lowry 400. Earnhardt, chasing his first Cup win in two years, led through lap 398 until Busch hit him after they exited Turn 2 side-by-side (Earnhardt was on the outside with Busch below). Busch's No. 18 car plows Junior into the wall, giving the win to local favorite Clint Bowyer. Drivers and team owners criticize Busch's tactics.

-- May 10, Darlington: One week after the Earnhardt encounter, angry Junior fans at Darlington Raceway heckle Busch during driver introductions, prompting Busch to feign tears, cup his ear to the boos and incite the crowd further. Even Busch's mother is booed by the pre-race crowd. After Busch gets his third Sprint Cup win of the season, fans react by throwing beer cans and coolers onto the track as the No. 18 car takes a victory lap.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Carl said it best, Kyle would have done the same thing to pass him. Welcome to racing.

Likely true. Also likely that if their positions would have been reversed the outcome would have been the same. i.e. carl would have retaliated pretty much the same way Kyle did

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Who won? How did Jr. do?

He moved up, WTF? LOL!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Carl won Kyle came in 2nd all three Joe Gibbs cars were in the top ten. don't remember how jr. did

18th in a stupid crash from what I heard. I am on time so I slept during the race and watched the USA beat Spain in B-Ball! Golden baby! Jr. still moved up, rat bastard!

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Great race and fun to watch.

Even though I don't like Kyle, it is good for the sport to have someone like that to run against! I find myself routing against him and wondering when a seasoned veteran wipes him out.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I thought what cousin Carl did was AWESOME! Kyle is an awesome talent but the guy hits people routinely so it's nice to see him get a taste of his own medicine, I think it's hilarious that he has the nerve to bitch about it after how many times he's banged people to get a win.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Damn. And here I turned the race off to watch women's ping pong after seeing Bush winning the race again.

Not that Nascar needs to check out those Gibbs cars as well for cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread