Nascar

50 Proof

Established Member
Can anyone explain to me why anyone still watches Nascar? I love racing and I love fast cars but no matter how hard I try, I just can't get into Nascar. How has nascar managed to take such amazing machines and make them so boring to watch? I know this is just my opinion so maybe someone can help me see the light or something.

I have a friend who is so into Nascar that he will spend every Sunday watching Nascar and everything related to it. I've tried watching it on T.V., I've tried going to an actual Nascar race. It's terrible, I don't understand how it's still around. When I was at the race in person I kept hoping for a crash just so that something interesting would happen. About the only thing fun going on was the anticipation of getting up to buy another beer.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Nascar as a whole sucks, its so whore'd out now it makes me SICK! I don't even go there website anymore... I think the home page is the only thing left that is free to view. But when i said and done, it is the great american race and i just love it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
same reason dudes will watch a bunch of other dudes touch eachother and play with "Balls" and talk about "Penetration" all Sunday.

cause they like it and it makes them happy :shrug:

I find that Nascar figured out how to make a boring sport exciting to watch, pending you have someone you are pulling for. Just like any other sport, if you arent rooting for anyone, its pretty boring to watch IMO. Nascar has excellent race coverage, you know whats going on at all times, unless you have a real shitty driver that nobody cares about, or your guys is 5 laps down and doesnt stand a chance.

I dunno, i guess you gotta like seeing racing in a 150-200mph traffic jam where bumping, pushing and slamming is allowed. Thats my favorite aspect, when you see a huge pack of cars 2 and 3 wide on a super speedway and you can see each car doing its own thing, buffeting in the airflow, moving around. That takes so much focus and mental discipline not to freak out when you are doing 190-200mph, turning, and you have guys on all sides of you doing the same thing. Im also a big fan of road course tracks, and have made it to Infineon for a few years now.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I watch it for the artificial and completely fake drama that nascar and its media set up. I like watching the wrecks and seeing the final laps.

The cars look the same, drive the same, and pretty much have the same h.p.. If you add all that up, it equals boring as PHUCK!

Oh, i forgot to say how excited i am to see a mustang racing now... PFFFFFFFFFTTTT- i just farted.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The cars look the same, drive the same, and pretty much have the same h.p.. If you add all that up, it equals boring as PHUCK!

means its about driver skill.

sounds like yours had none. Dale Jr fan i take it?

Oh, i forgot to say how excited i am to see a mustang racing now... PFFFFFFFFFTTTT- i just farted.

I see mustangs race all the time. Watch SCCA or NASA or go to your local road course track. Its not a big deal, really.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
means its about driver skill.

sounds like yours had none. Dale Jr fan i take it?

No, thats not it. I want to see somebody with a bad ass setup start lapping people. I get tired of everybody in a single file, nobody can pass, everybody running around following eachother. I want to watch racing. Not follow the leader.

I'm a tony stewart fan up until he went to toyota. After that toyota stint, i started rooting for him again now that hes back in chevrolet.

I see mustangs race all the time. Watch SCCA or NASA or go to your local road course track. Its not a big deal, really.

I was being sarcastic about seeing mustangs running nascar. they don't look at all like a true stang. I wish that we had tracks around here in indiana to watch scca or nasa racing. We have neither. I watch nascar occasionally, but seriously, its not as good as it could be.

I'd like to see production based cars out running. They don't have to run 200 miles an hour, but actually they should have the factory body and some sort of factory motor.

Now I'm ready to get :burn: for my thoughts, but i think that they need to get back to their roots. Not this 5million dollar car 2 million dollar engine and 50 million driver contract.

50 Proof

Established Member
^ my thoughts are with you exactly.

I remember liking Nascar much more when I was a kid, a long time ago. I personally don't understand how they can even call this racing anymore.

Common

Established Member
Nascar is in trouble. They are losing money hand over fist, on every front possible. Bad economy is partially to blame but lack of innovation is another reason.

It is simple, it is in a FRIGIN CIRCLE and being a fan usually means you like to beat your wife, have a badass mullet, hairy back and no front teeth. That is the stigma, not everyone is like that but I am just stating my observation.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nascar is in trouble. They are losing money hand over fist, on every front possible. Bad economy is partially to blame but lack of innovation is another reason.

nah, growing pains IMO.

they are dealing with breaking into mainstream while still trying to keep with their backroots heritage.

I love how the CoT is "Lack of innovation", its the safest, fastest and most stable thing they have next to an open wheel racecar that costs 10x more. They are still using archaic pushrod engines and they are lasting far longer than any "Innovative" F1 engine. Sometimes innovation isnt always necessary.

And going back to a factory chassis with racecar prep, talk about lack of innovation and true boring. A bunch of pos econoboxes and low end sedan models out there running the oval at 120-140mph? no bumping because any tweak of the unibody horribly wrecks the alignment and sends the car into the wall where its un-repairable? horrid aerodynamics and shitty stock modified powerplants........Yeah, real innovation right there.

I know more Nascar fans now than ever. Alot of people are getting sick of NFL/MLB, whiny players, huge million dollar contracts, legacy teams, etc.

I would like to see a dirt track or two in the season, as would a shitload of drivers, as well as them wanting more road course action (not all drivers like turning left in superspeedways all the time). Definitely need a road course in the Chase to stir the pot more.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
I've been a pretty big NASCAR fan since '95 . I must say the sport has changed and with the new COT its pretty boring . My favorite track was bristol which they repaved and ruined .

Now I still tune in but usually have it on a distant TV and watch for wrecks or good lead changes . I still love the superspeedway/restrictor plate races .

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Can anyone explain to me why anyone still watches Nascar? I love racing and I love fast cars but no matter how hard I try, I just can't get into Nascar. How has nascar managed to take such amazing machines and make them so boring to watch? I know this is just my opinion so maybe someone can help me see the light or something.

I have a friend who is so into Nascar that he will spend every Sunday watching Nascar and everything related to it. I've tried watching it on T.V., I've tried going to an actual Nascar race. It's terrible, I don't understand how it's still around. When I was at the race in person I kept hoping for a crash just so that something interesting would happen. About the only thing fun going on was the anticipation of getting up to buy another beer.

Bitch/snivel post moved to smackdown.:sleeping:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Ever since Brian "The Pansy" France took over, it has gone straight downhill.
The COT is a POS, with the ricer wings and toilettas being allowed.
Ricer wings are coming off, but far too late.
ASSCAR ratings and attendance started taking a dive long before the economy did.
Ever watch a truck race?
Thousands of fans disguised as empty seats.
Now they paint the empty seats so when the camera pans, they look full.
Pathetic.
The MAIN problem, as with any business, is its management.
toiletta, GTFO.
ASSCAR bent opver backwards and kissed toiletta's ass to get them in,
along with liberal interpretation of engine rules.
Jack Roush called it.
He stated publicly that toiletta will throw cubic dollars at it and ruin the sport.
ASSCAR is ruined, it might trudge along, but won't last a long time.

Last edited:

2010drive

Established Member

For the same reason people watch a bunch of sweaty gorillas tackle each other.

Users who are viewing this thread