National freight giant "Yellow Freight" facing a work stoppage and imminent bankruptcy.

rborden

Established Member
Didn't see this posted anywhere here.

They've been around forever, but a buddy sent me this today.

Yellow Freight failed to make a $50M payment for their workers pensions and health care plans.

Furthermore a District Judge in Kansas ruled not to impose an injunction and temporary restraining order against the International Brotherhood of Teamsters who along with 22,000 Union backed drivers plan to go on strike on Monday and dismissed a $137 million lawsuit against the Teamsters.

Yellow Freight doesn't have enough to liquid cash to sustain operations through the end of August.

IMG_0382.jpeg

Trailers at the Tupelo, MS facility are being staged in front of the entrances to the terminal.

IMG_0383.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

Yellow has $1.5 BILLION in debt and it appears they will default on the payments to their federal bailouts they took in 2008 and 2020.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My close friend works/worked for Yellow. We were talking about Yellow at noon. Yellow shut down operations today, and he and 30K other drivers are out of a job. They're filing for bankruptcy. That's going to ding the economy for sure.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Can't we just teach them to code?
You know, like biden told the Coal Miners back in 2019.

Source:

^People can't forget these lies.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My father worked for Interstate in management. He had worked for Ford and Ford wanted him to go to Interstate when they bought Ford trucks. They even worked out an agreement to roll his Ford retirement plan into the Interstate plan. When Interstate went belly-up dad found out that the management pension had bought Interstate stock to prop up the shares and he got nothing. I feel bad for the guys at Yellow who are going to end up with nothing, but you have to hedge your bets these days. I have a defined benefit plan, but I still invest in an IRA.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel government regulations coming back, perhaps even worse by requiring green sacrifices, as yellow failed even after a large tax infusion. Before the 80s it was "you are paid per this gov book X and if you haul to another town it'd be y.
I can see an Obama care website for arranging LTL pickup/delivery. And they must use a fleet of 100% electric by 2027 (may as well be 1927)
Watch bearkshire Hathaway and this trial stocks tick up.

Users who are viewing this thread