National Sandwich Day Today!

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
On facebook Johnny Rockets is proclaiming it, "National Sandwich Day". What is your favorite sammich? :pepper:

ssssnake

Established Member
My favorite? A Reuben without the sauerkraut LOL I know, I know, it's not a Reuben then.

In that case Julie, make me a BLT with avocado!

usmcrebel

Established Member
that i buy- philly cheese steak with pepercorn on chabata

that i make- ketchup mustard and chips on whole wheat.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
French dip all the way.

There is a steakhouse here that makes the best one ever!

It is called a primedip but it is still a french dip to me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My favorite is a well-made Reuben with sauerkraut. Best one I ever had was at the Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery on Ocean Blvd.

My favorite sandwich shop (chain) is Panera Bread. Love their Asiago roast beef sandwich!

Now I'm hungry, and I have so much work that I can't break for lunch. Dang!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My favorite is a well-made Reuben with sauerkraut. Best one I ever had was at the Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery on Ocean Blvd.

I was in Chicago a few years ago and had the best one I ever ate at the local Hotel I stayed in. I have yet to find one that good. Arby's Reuben was decent when they had theirs. Decent meaning fast food decent.

Reuben is mine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was in Chicago a few years ago and had the best one I ever ate at the local Hotel I stayed in. I have yet to find one that good. Arby's Reuben was decent when they had theirs. Decent meaning fast food decent.

Reuben is mine.

You will laugh or choke when you hear this one. Years ago I went to a local restaurant and ordered a Reuben with grilled rye bread. When it arrived, a huge beetle was grilled to the outside of the bread. The waiter offered to make me another sandwich (no charge) but I had lost my appetite. :xpl: :lol1:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Hot Pastrami from Katz's Deli in NYC. I will walk half way across the City for it.

We have one here in Houston. I puked all over their floor one night because I was so wasted. Trying to cram a Ruben down was not a good idea.

Favorite Sammich, Ruben of course!

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Any mom and pop shop in chicago has great deli sandwiches but truly jewish bakery's have great sandwich's

01svtL

Established Member
We have one here in Houston. I puked all over their floor one night because I was so wasted. Trying to cram a Ruben down was not a good idea.

Favorite Sammich, Ruben of course!

The freaks of the city sure do like that place. Never know what you'll see in there...

Users who are viewing this thread