Navigation now an option on the GT 500?

CGoeschel

Established Member
GT500Convert said:
My Shelby #4 order has the DVD based Navigation system which was avail to order on approx November 1st for cars starting production December 5th for Job2.

I have had the owners manual for it for quite some time and its a Pioneer Touch Screen.

I remember reading all its functions will not work when car is in motion. Guess thats to help eliminate drivers who.........

The System Manual is 72 pages long!

The full operations are not avail @ speeds 5mph & over.

It will give 3 different route choices once you choose destination

Also being a DVD based system updated maps will be available from Ford L-M Customer Relationship centers

I am very curious about the CD nav system as mentioned above

The new DVD Touch Screen system will also allow 16 different map scale levels from 0.02 to 1000 miles, show roads to be built, roads under construction at time of last update, if there is a known detour you can make the change, edit turns etc. Are these features avail on the CD based Ford system?

My car is scheduled for build on Jan 1, 2007.

The CD based Nav system was on the older body style Expeditions etc. It came with 5 or 6 cd's that you had to use individually for different parts of the country. Pretty archaic system really and very unfriendly to the user. The new system is worlds better.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Who gives a F about navigation system in a pretty much race car? Is this a luxery car or a race car?

Users who are viewing this thread