NBA Draft 2011 and Off-Season Thread!

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Norris Cole..

The Horizon League Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year as a senior, the 6-foot-2, 170-pound Norris averaged a team-leading 21.7 points, 5.3 assists and 2.2 steals. He was second on the team in rebounding at 5.8 per game and scored in double figures in all 36 games he played.

Cole is Cleveland State's all-time leader in games played (140), consecutive starts (105) and minutes played (4,114) and is second in school history with 90 wins.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Draft was pretty garbage. Metta World Peace was the most interesting NBA that happened today, IMO.

I do think Washington made some really good picks.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
They got a C and probably getting a SG in the offseason, whenever that happens.

I'm not sure if any of the competing teams can or will pay what he wants, but I think Chicago might try to get Jason Richardson if the Magic don't resign him.

dooberGN

Established Member
At first I was questioning Thompson with the fourth pick but it has grown on me. Jonas would be overseas for 1-2 more years this way Thompson can get right in there and get work in the NBA.

He is a great offensive rebounder and scorer so him alongside Varejao will be really fun to watch. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
At first I was questioning Thompson with the fourth pick but it has grown on me. Jonas would be overseas for 1-2 more years this way Thompson can get right in there and get work in the NBA.

He is a great offensive rebounder and scorer so him alongside Varejao will be really fun to watch. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

He cant make FT's and he needs a lot of offense skills. He can attack the basket but thats about it. That's why I saying he was a reach at 4.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I'm not sure if any of the competing teams can or will pay what he wants, but I think Chicago might try to get Jason Richardson if the Magic don't resign him.

It wouldnt surprise me if he goes for less money to join the Bulls. He could be a great addition to the team.

dooberGN

Established Member
He cant make FT's and he needs a lot of offense skills. He can attack the basket but thats about it. That's why I saying he was a reach at 4.

Yeah I guess a small reach, he was ranked 7th on the board at the time so not too bad. They picked up two big PF's that can score with the next two picks though.

Planter

Banned
and we have an NBA Lockout now. :dw: this lockout shit is getting old, how much money is enough? :nonono:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6731730"]July 1 comes, goes without NBA free agency due to lockout - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6729003@@AMEPARAM@@6729003[/ame]

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Looks like Yao is retiring. Add him to the list of players with a ton of potential who were devastated by injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread