Nebraska is leaving the Big 12

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
i for one never wanted nebraska to leave. nebraska is a great university and has a strong athletic program. I liked the big12 just the way it was. nebraska is the one that pulled this plug and it's obvious their hatred/jealousy for texas runs deep. they agreed to the conference rules and signed the contracts a long time ago....now they are just lame ass, sore loser quitters

all i can say to nebraska (and colorado) now is:

don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

LOL :lol:

04Machsy

Established Member
i for one never wanted nebraska to leave. nebraska is a great university and has a strong athletic program. I liked the big12 just the way it was. nebraska is the one that pulled this plug and it's obvious their hatred/jealousy for texas runs deep. they agreed to the conference rules and signed the contracts a long time ago....now they are just lame ass, sore loser quitters

all i can say to nebraska (and colorado) now is:

don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

see i have to disagree though. We worked perfectly fine when it was the Big8. The biggest mistake was expanding & adding the 4 texas schools. I know yes, it did make us more money & gave us a bigger tv network. But i would have to say that texas is in need of an ego check & im sure the Pac10 would do that or the Huskers can in a couple months.

We are just looking out for ourselves just like texas seems to be. but remember nothing has been official yet!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
see i have to disagree though. We worked perfectly fine when it was the Big8. The biggest mistake was expanding & adding the 4 texas schools. I know yes, it did make us more money & gave us a bigger tv network. But i would have to say that texas is in need of an ego check & im sure the Pac10 would do that or the Huskers can in a couple months.

We are just looking out for ourselves just like texas seems to be. but remember nothing has been official yet!

no one put a gun to osbornes head back in 1995. the only reason texas gets more of the payout today is because of the rules that were written in 1995 on tv appearances. it's not texas' fault nebraska fell off the charts of football power and was really not worthy of a lot of tv appearances. that is nebraska's fault, no one elses. When those documents were drawn up....it was NEBRASKA that was the power. Texas was struggling. The rules were setup for Nebraska to make the most money if they simply maintained their on the field production. They didn't......ou and texas rose up....and now nebraska is high tailing out of here because they feel like they'll never get to tex/ou level again.

nebraska is a pathetic pos :shrug:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The call at the end of the game was correct according to the rules. If you can prove otherwise please post it up. I don't know what the other call was...

The pass interference call on Nebraska when the ball was WAYYYY uncatchable for Shipley. That set Texas up on Nebraska's side of the field where they could not move the ball to save their lives, so they settled for THE field goal, after the other controversial call with :00 remaining on the clock.

04Machsy

Established Member
no one put a gun to osbornes head back in 1995. the only reason texas gets more of the payout today is because of the rules that were written in 1995 on tv appearances. it's not texas' fault nebraska fell off the charts of football power and was really not worthy of a lot of tv appearances. that is nebraska's fault, no one elses. When those documents were drawn up....it was NEBRASKA that was the power. Texas was struggling. The rules were setup for Nebraska to make the most money if they simply maintained their on the field production. They didn't......ou and texas rose up....and now nebraska is high tailing out of here because they feel like they'll never get to tex/ou level again.

nebraska is a pathetic pos :shrug:

see but im not so sure about Nebraska not being at that level anymore. I would say that the Blackshirts are back & now we have to work on an offense, we will just see how good texas really is this season without mccoy.

but i understand we are just going to be the scapegoat for everyone to blame for the Big12 falling apart. everyone needs to remember that when pointing fingers there are 3 pointing back at ya!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
when you breach a contract, that was in large part written by your own lawers and agreed upon over 15 years ago and signed by the current AD osborne, you now easily become the scape goat. This isn't rocket science

as far as texas this year, they will be fine. even if they are not, they have been on one incredible ride the past 8 years. Could i have wanted another conference champiosnhiop or bcs mnc ring? sure. but the run they are on has been incredible and the recruits just keep piling in. They will be in great shape this year considering the turnover from last year. Gilbert is a tremendous QB and muschamp has a savage defense. check the big12 title game offensive stats if you don't believe me. suh was dominant, but the texas' d was even more impressive

04Machsy

Established Member
as far as texas this year, they will be fine. even if they are not, they have been on one incredible ride the past 8 years. Could i have wanted another conference champiosnhiop or bcs mnc ring? sure. but the run they are on has been incredible and the recruits just keep piling in. They will be in great shape this year considering the turnover from last year. Gilbert is a tremendous QB and muschamp has a savage defense. check the big12 title game offensive stats if you don't believe me. suh was dominant, but the texas' d was even more impressive

Are ya talking about from the title game? because if so you must not have seen any Husker stats last season. Are offense was nonexistent all year long :lol1:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Are ya talking about from the title game? because if so you must not have seen any Husker stats last season. Are offense was nonexistent all year long :lol1:

neb o looked pretty good in the bowl game!

texas d in comparison held neb to like 100 total yards, only about 3 weeks earlier

04Machsy

Established Member
neb o looked pretty good in the bowl game!

texas d in comparison held neb to like 100 total yards, only about 3 weeks earlier

yea it basically took us all year to get our shit together :lol1:

but wherever we end up i know we are coming back. it takes time to fix everything when you have huge morons running the calls :fm:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
see but im not so sure about Nebraska not being at that level anymore. I would say that the Blackshirts are back & now we have to work on an offense, we will just see how good texas really is this season without mccoy.

but i understand we are just going to be the scapegoat for everyone to blame for the Big12 falling apart. everyone needs to remember that when pointing fingers there are 3 pointing back at ya!

It's our QBs fist year so Texas will be the same when they had McCoy his frat year. Decent.

As for the big 12 game. Is over. Leave it be. Nebraska couldn't score against Texas' D and our O wasn't much better against thier D

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Funny thing is Nebraska is getting blamed for this, but Colorado was the first to bail.

I'll still be rooting for former big 12 teams against the teams of the Big 10 and the PAC 10.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Big12 doesnt have to die they could add other schools or continue as smaller

GO BIG RED!

This. I say we take Houston and TCU in, drop the north teams and set up as a Texas/Oklahoma conference.

SASAP

Established Member
when you breach a contract, that was in large part written by your own lawers and agreed upon over 15 years ago and signed by the current AD osborne, you now easily become the scape goat. This isn't rocket science

Mack Brown and Bob Stoops got exactly what they wanted. They have said for a while now that they didnt like the conf. champ game and with 10 teams they dont have to deal with that now. I can already see them bitching years from now when they get passed over by an SEC, Big10, or Pac10 team for the national championship all because they will have conf champ. games. That extra week the pollsters get to see you makes alot of difference.

Texas fans should be thanking Nebraska instead of bitching. Now yall only have one hard game a year to play and thats against OK.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Seems like Utah is the only team that really did anything big IMO.

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
lol you texas fans. you to were trying to leave to the pac10 to get out of the bs. and how many national championships does the state have in football lol texas sucks-all the schools. Im glad were out. You can have your 8 or 9 wins, F***ing jokes..

Users who are viewing this thread