Need 2 rent a moving truck?

5.4 speedster

Banned
there was a member on here that asked if anyone could get the hookup on a rental moving truck. I posted up informing him that I work for Penske truck rental and that I might be able to get him a smoking deal.

Long story short? He went with Penske and saved 400.00 over what u-haul would of charged him:beer:

As a penske employee I get paid by the hour and don't make a cent on commisions but I would like to help any svtp member I can.

If anyone needs a local or one way moving truck send me a pm and i will get you the best deal possible. Doesn't matter what part of the country you are in

RedDemon91

Established Member
damn, wish i woulda known about this two weeks ago. we went with u-haul, rented a truck, drove it to the storage unit and it died right in front of the gate, waited 4 hours for someone to come tell us it's dead and there was nothing they could do, then waited another hour for a tow truck to come get it :bash:

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
This is not news Penske blows all others away with nicer trucks, staff, and prices.

Quoted for truth! I had to move from MD to CO back in '03. First mistake I made was "reserving" a 26 footer from UCRAP. The night before my move I went to get the truck which they didn't have (promised me three days before they would), and there wasn't one within the DC/Baltimore area. So I was scrambling trying to find a truck on a late Friday evening, lo and behold Penske saved the day. Not only did I get to use a brand new truck, it saved me almost $700.

UHAUL can go die in a fire.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Penske trucks are newer, cleaner, faster, and any other "er" that you can think of. Plus their hydraulic lift gates always work properly.

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
i got a way better deal with uhaul going from phoenix to the east coast three years ago, the guy told me there was so much saturation in the phoenix metro area, uhaul was practically giving trucks away, as long as you left arizona, the whole rental with an autotransporter cost me 700, penske was twice that, but it was three years ago, but i agree penske trucks are waaaaay nicer, the AC in our truck didnt work, and it was 122 the day we left phoenix

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
we would rent penske trucks for work if we had to haul a ton of materials at once and all except once it was a good deal, the battery kept dying on one truck which was annoying

pianoman90

Established Member
This would be great, I may hit you up in late June/early July. I'm moving from Birmingham, AL to Ft. Lauderdale for med school and I'll need a one way truck down there. Could you PM me a rough quote?

5.4 speedster

Banned
we have 12, 16, 22, and 26 ft trucks.
the 12's and 16's go for the same rate
and the 22's and 26's go for the same rate

For a 2 bedroom and some misc stuff you SHOULD be able to get away with the 16ft truck

pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread