Need a Clutch Recommendation wanting to switch mod brand

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
- Street+Drag+Closed Course track clutch recommendation?-

Replacing a few things in the cobra since the warmer weather is here. Want to try and replace a few things with new parts and new brands

At about 400 hp at the flywheel maybe will do some head work to get her up to the 400rwhpish area all depending on budget, then next summer will be 2015 power adder season for the BAB haha. Anyway, what is the best brand you can buy now a days with a smooth, responsive bite that doesn't feel stock and also doesn't feel too frozen or stiff.

On a side note, replacing the short shifter - considering using MGW anybody love or hate this brand? Hows MGW with street use? Hope I can still use my current shift knob but if I cant its not the end of the world :-D

cbrown9064

Established Member
- Street+Drag+Closed Course track clutch recommendation?-

Replacing a few things in the cobra since the warmer weather is here. Want to try and replace a few things with new parts and new brands

At about 400 hp at the flywheel maybe will do some head work to get her up to the 400rwhpish area all depending on budget, then next summer will be 2015 power adder season for the BAB haha. Anyway, what is the best brand you can buy now a days with a smooth, responsive bite that doesn't feel stock and also doesn't feel too frozen or stiff.

On a side note, replacing the short shifter - considering using MGW anybody love or hate this brand? Hows MGW with street use? Hope I can still use my current shift knob but if I cant its not the end of the world :-D

Just did a clutch replacement on my stock engine with a RAM HDX, but that is not enough clutch for your set up.

However on the MGW I cannot say enough good things. Have had mine for about 5 years and absolutely love it! It is quiet also. A buddy of mine has one on his T-5 and loves it there also (same shifter for t-5 and t-45).

So, batting .500, but I am sure some can offer clutch advice here...

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I would call Promotion power train In florida. Sounds like you prime for an 11" Cobra performance clutch or a 10.5" Blue printed king cobra. The dual friction disks are right above the pressure plates. I recommend getting a FRPP TO Bearing not the one supplied. Their firewall adjuster is bad ass too!

http://promotionpowertrain.com/NEW_FORD_CLUTCH_PAGE.html

This video will show you why you should buy their clutch disks. Spec does not have this! Let the clutch be the weak link not the transmission.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2-UXYu5l1Q&feature=share&list=UURlHtpUaDrz1vMMifqKRKew&index=6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread