Need a new computer...

5point0guy

Established Member
Well, after 5 years my old desktop has finally crapped out on me, so now I'm looking for a new computer. I want to get a laptop, so my question is, which sites have the best selection and prices on computers? My range is between $300-$500. I know, I'm being kinda cheap, but I'm just looking for a simple, easy to use laptop. Thanks.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
My dell has survived 4 years so far, and they have brand new ones for 399 and 499. They wont be fancy by any means but should do the job.

You could buy a used one for the same price and get more stuff i'd bet.

baffles

Established Member
Take a look at tiger direct, fry's, and newegg

+1
all of these places will have pretty good deals on systems. If you dont like the ones you see this week, check back next week and they will have diff ones. Also, depending on where you live, TigerDirect has no tax :)

keep in mind that $300 laptops tend to be rather cheaply made and underpowered. also tend to get terrible battery life (unless its a netbook)

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
If you were looking for a gaming rig I could see about getting you a deal on a CybertronPC.

5point0guy

Established Member
If you were looking for a gaming rig I could see about getting you a deal on a CybertronPC.

I appreciate it, but I'm just looking for a basic, everyday laptop.

Thanks for the input. I checked TigerDirect.com and they had some pretty good deals.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Well, after 5 years my old desktop has finally crapped out on me, so now I'm looking for a new computer. I want to get a laptop, so my question is, which sites have the best selection and prices on computers? My range is between $300-$500. I know, I'm being kinda cheap, but I'm just looking for a simple, easy to use laptop. Thanks.

I have my old used pc for sale,if you want to save some cash, and have another pc same as your old 1 for sale, I built it new in 2005 its a pentium4 desktop I only want $150 for it, and for $200 I can install a new hard drive and fresh install of windows xp for you let me kno :poke:

Heres a linkhttp://www.svtperformance.com/forums/other-items-buy-sell-194/679549-desktop-pentium-4-3-0ghz-tower-pc-samsung-17inch-crt-sale.html

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll just pipe in that if you don't need portability a desktop is still best for a number of reasons. But if portability is a must I understand why you want the laptop. I have a desktop for my regular stuff, and I use a 12" Asus netbook for Internet stuff upstairs in the den. Best of both worlds. :)

I'm a big fan of Dell computers. Use them here and at the office. Premium support is awesome! Prices are pretty good, too! My home Dell computer was bought on a Dell Preferred account and I got a no-interest deal when I paid it off in 6 months. Just took the total and made 6 equal payments. With their more expensive systems they give you up to a year to pay with no interest. :)

cruise33

Banned
Well i would suggest you to purchase dell laptop.as its cheap and durable.I am using a dell laptop for one year and has got no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread