Need a new coolant plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I finally got a friend to help me remove my old stripped stock plug. He thought I was crazy when I got the vice grips on it and got my big kevlar bbq gloves out and asked him to hold the torch on the hitting while I tried to turn it. The new plug is in and it looks great!

timbo3282

Established Member
You aren't kidding!

This thing turned out so nice I feel a little guilty posting pics of it sitting on such a dirty engine.

Thanks Jay! No leaks and drop dead gorgeous. I love it!

P1010094sender.jpg

P1010093sendermechtemp.jpg

capnsender2.jpg

Newcrossovercapandtempsender.jpg

lotsofdirtbutnoleaks.jpg

The anodization sure is purty! Did you do that Jimmysidecarr or was that done by 98mark8lsc?

Last edited:

98mark8lsc

Established Member
Sorry guys. I've been super busy for a while.

I just got out of the Navy and I no longer have access to the equipment necessary to make these.
I'm researching getting these made for me in small runs by an outside company, and will get back to you guys when I know what I'm doing.

Thanks!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Sorry guys. I've been super busy for a while.

I just got out of the Navy and I no longer have access to the equipment necessary to make these.
I'm researching getting these made for me in small runs by an outside company, and will get back to you guys when I know what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Dang I'm too late :fm:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Color me crazy, but my plug is 'peeing' around the base where it seals to the crossover. I can see dried coolant to the rear of the plug after driving around a bit. :shrug:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Color me crazy, but my plug is 'peeing' around the base where it seals to the crossover. I can see dried coolant to the rear of the plug after driving around a bit. :shrug:

did you use a different o-ring when you installed it? i think the stock o-ring is slightly smaller than the one this plug is fitted for.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
did you use a different o-ring when you installed it? i think the stock o-ring is slightly smaller than the one this plug is fitted for.

The O-ring my plug came with was cracked, so I received a new one from 98mark8lsc. It took a little bit of stretching to get on but seemed to fit fine. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread