Need a truck tire recommendation

punchit

Established Member
Moving to a snowy area and know nothing about snow tires. Anyone have any recommendations for a 2wd 2005 dodge ram? I'm lost as I live in Phoenix and need some assistance. Anyone have a hookup or see any good deals for all 4

Thanks for looking

punchit

Established Member
Not back road stuff just something I can ride around on paved roads and not have to worry about throwing 400 lbs of sand in the bed.

coposrv

Established Member
I run 285? 65 20 terra grapplers and have no problem in snow. We had a few 2'+ storms and I put it in 4hi and drove right out into it.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Michelin ATX 2s. Michelin makes the best all around tire out bar none.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I've run nitto terra grapplers and cooper zeon Ltz's with good success and milage

I prefer the coopers

coposrv

Established Member
4wd definitely helps. But the tires were far better than some of the others i have run and the 2-3' snow drifts are what I would say extremes.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
My Dad runs "Michelin Cross Terrain SUV" all-seasons year round and he absolutely loves them.
And we get real winters up here. ;-)

If you're looking for a dedicated Winter tire I would recommend the "Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70".

Last edited:

punchit

Established Member
Moving to flagstaff az so "very mild" to what some of you are used too. Something that won't run me into a ditch but also won't wear out in 30k.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Procomp xtreme all terrains.. Seem to be a good wearing tire and do decent in snow and mud. I'm runnin nitto terra grapplers and they seem to be ok so far but I haven't had them in the deep stuff. I would probably try to stay away from a mud terrain.

Det_riot

Established Member
I'm getting falken rocky mountain ATS after hearing some great reviews on them for my DD. Little but cheaper than a bfgoodrich or goodyear plus they have a 50,000mi life. Doesn't get much better.

Users who are viewing this thread