need advice for setup on 91 gt

schecter4life

string plucker
Established Member
i just recently turned 16 and my dad got a 91 mustang gt (hatch) for us to work on. my plans are to set it up for autocross but i have no idea what i can do to make it run, and still keep it controllable, the only thing we have done so far is get the maximum motorsports suspension kit and are halfway done with swapping it with all the stock suspension. If anyone has some good advice ill say thank you now.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Are you installing an MM kit or removing ??? If you have a question on spring rates I would call MM They can give you a good idea on how to set up your car

schecter4life

string plucker
Established Member
we are currently installing front and rear mm suspension. i think we have the k members, torque arm, and the sub frames left, the sub frames are going to be installed with the roll cage our friend is going to make.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
personally i'd just stay with what you have so you can learn the cars, as your suspension work will most likely put you in a tougher car class

schecter4life

string plucker
Established Member
Well the suspension is in but the tranny is starting to slip so we are gonna change it to a standard and the rear axle will be changed so Its 5-lug and I can put disc brakes on my next question is what is a better gear ratio for both the tranny and rear axle and why? I don't really understand them that well

Users who are viewing this thread