Need advice from you guys!

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
Ok so i just got off the phone with 1badsho(don) I called him for a few reasons, to ask for his services of locating a shelby gt500, AND his opinion on a local gt500.

Told him my car is getting traded in for 28,500 when kbb EXCELLENT trade in is 27,000. Right there is already a $1500 bonus for myself. The car is being sold for 38,500. It has only 1 year bumper to bumper warranty left and has 688 miles. So i guess in a sense its a 37,000 buy if you include the bonus im getting from the trade in.

OR

We talked about him locating a brand new 08 gt500 for around that same price with full warranty. Only problem is trading in can be tricky and they might not even give me excellent condition on my trade in. payoff is 26,500 and am not gonna go negative!

I know you guys told me to go for it! but now im REALLY confused!!!!

What do you guys think?!:dw:

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
go for the deal that gives you a positive trade in, cause you dont wanna roller over extra debt

R1Lello

Established Member
Is the tradein a real $28500 or is it a real $26000 for example and they pull some discount off the play range of the selling car......it's called trade&discount. the only way you know is if the used car manager will show you the trade in slip with your real value. At the end of the day the difference is what matters but just letting you know from my days in the auto business.

R1Lello

Established Member
its a real 28,500..they are not budging much with the price of the car at $38,500[/QUOTE

I don't think you understood me, at $38,500 they have profit in that.......lets say their cost is 35,500, that gives them 3000 to play with, so they take off whatever they want to make your trade look higher but unless you really see the numbers (which they don't show you) you never know. AGain, at the end of the day, the difference is what matters to you. Trust me, lots of tricks in the industry. just trying to help.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Ok so i just got off the phone with 1badsho(don) I called him for a few reasons, to ask for his services of locating a shelby gt500, AND his opinion on a local gt500.

Told him my car is getting traded in for 28,500 when kbb EXCELLENT trade in is 27,000. Right there is already a $1500 bonus for myself. The car is being sold for 38,500. It has only 1 year bumper to bumper warranty left and has 688 miles. So i guess in a sense its a 37,000 buy if you include the bonus im getting from the trade in.

OR

We talked about him locating a brand new 08 gt500 for around that same price with full warranty. Only problem is trading in can be tricky and they might not even give me excellent condition on my trade in. payoff is 26,500 and am not gonna go negative!

I know you guys told me to go for it! but now im REALLY confused!!!!

What do you guys think?!:dw:

Is the new one a vista blue one? If so,,,,he found that while locating mine. I assume he is talking about that one. I don't think it sold yet. It is vista blue with white and around $38,000.00. VERY nice car. Not loaded with options though but, it is a GT500. What year is the used one? Only thing I would check is on the used one build date and has the TSB for tranny/clutch been done. If not..I would go with the new one given the warranty has not started and you have more time if you need it. Anything with an 09/2008 and up build date has the tranny/clutch issue resolve. Anything before does not...and thus could fall victim to the TSB. Any questions ask Don..or go to the shelby forums. PLENTY of info ther on this stuff.

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
Is the new one a vista blue one? If so,,,,he found that while locating mine. I assume he is talking about that one. I don't think it sold yet. It is vista blue with white and around $38,000.00. VERY nice car. Not loaded with options though but, it is a GT500. What year is the used one? Only thing I would check is on the used one build date and has the TSB for tranny/clutch been done. If not..I would go with the new one given the warranty has not started and you have more time if you need it. Anything with an 09/2008 and up build date has the tranny/clutch issue resolve. Anything before does not...and thus could fall victim to the TSB. Any questions ask Don..or go to the shelby forums. PLENTY of info ther on this stuff.

Ya i belive the vista blue is a new one that he was talking about. But its all the way in ohio. Plus with a trade it can probably get trickier. Dealer will most likely not give me anywhere near what its worth.

Colleton

Established Member
It's hard to find a really good deal when you have to worry about trade-in value, so I'd do the local trade, just to keep from being upside down on the trade-in.

Local dealership just sold a 2007 Vista blue GT500 with 8K miles for 39.5K.

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
It's hard to find a really good deal when you have to worry about trade-in value, so I'd do the local trade, just to keep from being upside down on the trade-in.

Local dealership just sold a 2007 Vista blue GT500 with 8K miles for 39.5K.

I am for sure gonna pull the trigger..just been thinking its not that terrible of a deal. Who knows i may spring for extended warranty in the near future?

I do have one more concern/question. Does the carpet behind the shaker1000 subs look like its been tampered with?!

http://usedcarsissaquah.com/photos/STA74281q.jpg

other pics: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ctd/1543211997.html

Last edited:

kens88gt

Established Member
I don't have the 1000 but will say that's not the cleanest installation. I'd be interested to hear what ohers with the 1000 have to say.

que4dog

Established Member
I say go for it IF after all the dust clears, your trade-in is paid off and you are actually financing the $37,000 or so. Because if you look at, you would only be financing $10,000 more than you are now for a much better car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread