Need advice on best way to go with a Whipple 2.9

shelby2

Established Member
Hi,
I have the following mods on my 2009 GT500(not including suspension and sub frame connectors) a Ford racing dual 65mm polished throttle body, Metco fuel rails, Metco dual tensioner, JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber CAI, ARH 1 7/8 long tubes with high flow cats, RXT clutch, Dynotech 1 pc drive shaft, 3 73 gears. Ok I just purchased slightly used CR H/E with dual 10 inch fans, AFCO radiator, Fore Racing 2 pump returnless system with 2 Walbro F10000302 pumps and fuel rails, Whipple 2.9 crusher, Whipple dual 68mm throttle body, and a whipple 123mm CAI. I know I'll be using the H/E and radiator, along with the JLT 127mm CAI, but what is the best set up with the other parts. I like the metco fuel rails and the ford racing CJ throttle body. I know I will be purchasing 72lb injectors, and a thermostat 170, but would I be better off also purchasing a KB dual boost a pump? If so which model street or compition? Car is a daily driver. Obviously need your advice/ expertise in the matter. I don't mind purchasing things if, it's the best way, or right way of going about it. Would like to see aproxiametly 700 HP to the rears.

Thanks so much, and will purchase parts from ya, when I figure out what I need:shrug:

Mark

Last edited:

brandonflood123

Established Member
does the whipple throttle body have electonics and stuff already in it? i need a tb for my 2.9l build aswell. gathering parts. either way if you have to get rid of one of your TB's let me know.

shelby2

Established Member
I definetly will, most likely it will be the whipple dual throttle body 68mm in great shape less then 2000 miles. If you need electronics can provide shoot me a pm. The whipple goes in for paint tomorrow

Van@RevanRacing

Hi,
I have the following mods on my 2009 GT500(not including suspension and sub frame connectors) a Ford racing dual 65mm polished throttle body, Metco fuel rails, Metco dual tensioner, JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber CAI, ARH 1 7/8 long tubes with high flow cats, RXT clutch, Dynotech 1 pc drive shaft, 3 73 gears. Ok I just purchased slightly used CR H/E with dual 10 inch fans, AFCO radiator, Fore Racing 2 pump returnless system with 2 Walbro F10000302 pumps and fuel rails, Whipple 2.9 crusher, Whipple dual 68mm throttle body, and a whipple 123mm CAI. I know I'll be using the H/E and radiator, along with the JLT 127mm CAI, but what is the best set up with the other parts. I like the metco fuel rails and the ford racing CJ throttle body. I know I will be purchasing 72lb injectors, and a thermostat 170, but would I be better off also purchasing a KB dual boost a pump? If so which model street or compition? Car is a daily driver. Obviously need your advice/ expertise in the matter. I don't mind purchasing things if, it's the best way, or right way of going about it. Would like to see aproxiametly 700 HP to the rears.

Thanks so much, and will purchase parts from ya, when I figure out what I need:shrug:

Mark

Mark

Good chatting with you yesterday. As we discussed, stock pumps and a Kenne Bell Dual BAP. 170 TSTAT's are in stock.

Thanks again,

Van

shelby2

Established Member
Good chatting with you as well Van, thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me. I can't believe how fast the parts came from you. Wow you're good!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread