Need advice on my car buying decision.

specizripn

Established Member
The EB doesn't get that much better gas mileage, and with any forced induction car, if you drive it hard it will suck up gas just like the GT.

Branhammer

Established Member
I just staked my claim!

2015 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual. Guard metallic with 3.55's, black foundry wheels, and spoiler delete. It's on hold for the wheels, so they don't know the exact delivery date yet, but holy ****ing shit I'm excited! As soon as the car gets to the dealership, I'll have pics to post up.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I just staked my claim!

2015 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual. Guard metallic with 3.55's, black foundry wheels, and spoiler delete. It's on hold for the wheels, so they don't know the exact delivery date yet, but holy ****ing shit I'm excited! As soon as the car gets to the dealership, I'll have pics to post up.

Congrats!

Don't forget to track it on www.cotus.ford.com

craigstu

Established Member
I feel sorry for you guys in the hinterlands. We are outside Wash DC and the two big dealer groups around here both advertise their Mustangs w/ good to huge discounts. We got my wife's GT Premium /w PP for $6000 under MSRP and that was the price on the website. Google Koons Ford and Sheehy Ford in DC. Look through their inventory. The advantage is each has 4,5,6 Ford dealers in the Baltimore/DC area so their online inventory includes cars from all of them. The dealer we went to had enough Mustangs on hand that we could see and drive the different versions. Just couldn't Get exactly the combination of color and options all in one vehicle. We actually had to get ours from Baltimore but that just took one extra day for the saleman to drive there and do the trade. It would be worthwhile to fly here to buy a car.

Branhammer

Established Member
I feel sorry for you guys in the hinterlands. We are outside Wash DC and the two big dealer groups around here both advertise their Mustangs w/ good to huge discounts. We got my wife's GT Premium /w PP for $6000 under MSRP and that was the price on the website. Google Koons Ford and Sheehy Ford in DC. Look through their inventory. The advantage is each has 4,5,6 Ford dealers in the Baltimore/DC area so their online inventory includes cars from all of them. The dealer we went to had enough Mustangs on hand that we could see and drive the different versions. Just couldn't Get exactly the combination of color and options all in one vehicle. We actually had to get ours from Baltimore but that just took one extra day for the saleman to drive there and do the trade. It would be worthwhile to fly here to buy a car.

I saw Koons Ford when I was looking. So, they're legit? Because there are a lot of dealers that I've heard are advertising these super low prices with a bunch of incentives included and then when you get there, tell you that you don't qualify for those incentives. If that's legit then that's a great deal. But yeah, unfortunately, no one is doing that around here. I am getting mine for about $4,000 less out the door than it would be at MSRP, so I'm okay with that.

StangMan04

Established Member
I saw Koons Ford when I was looking. So, they're legit? Because there are a lot of dealers that I've heard are advertising these super low prices with a bunch of incentives included and then when you get there, tell you that you don't qualify for those incentives. If that's legit then that's a great deal. But yeah, unfortunately, no one is doing that around here. I am getting mine for about $4,000 less out the door than it would be at MSRP, so I'm okay with that.

I was quoted $33k for a GT Premium 400A/Auto/3.55s. Of course the $33k doesn't include tax/fees and before rebates/incentives.

Last edited:

nicksender

Established Member

I've been looking at Koons and Sheehy and many of those prices are with all included incentives. However; a few base GT's I have received OTD quotes from them for are still cheaper than X-plan.

So the pricing online is deceptive in my opinion; but can't complain if they are still cheaper than other dealers and X-plan by a good amount of money.

I just have to decide if I want to drive 6 hrs. away or not or see if I can find something close.

Ferrcad

Established Member
The only thing you have to worry with in VA is the dealers will jack up the prices of ADM Fees to process the paper work on closing... I have purchased Acura's in the past and there fees range from $300 - $400 range... But a lot of the dealers in VA are working so tight with other dealers so they are more concerned in getting there money from manufactures based on quantity sold per month/year rather than the smaller market dealers and the one's and two's per month...

Last edited:

StangMan04

Established Member
The only thing you have to worry with in VA is the dealers will jack up the prices of ADM Fees to process the paper work on closing... I have purchased Acura's in the past and there fees range from $300 - $400 range... But a lot of the dealers in VA are working so tight with other dealers so they are more concerned in getting there money from manufactures based on quantity sold per month/year rather than the smaller market dealers and the one's and two's per month...

I have been quoted $599 for processing fee, pretty crazy. Always wondered, is the processing fee still relevant if you aren't getting a loan?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have been quoted $599 for processing fee, pretty crazy. Always wondered, is the processing fee still relevant if you aren't getting a loan?

That fee is nothing but pure profit for the dealership. I detest it and tend to seek out dealers who don't have them (usually ones in smaller markets).

Ferrcad

Established Member

That seems about the going rate now down there in VA.... In VA I have never been able to get them to lower this price... It has nothing to do about a loan.. It is what they charge to close the deal with all the paper work... Crazy number and is all PROFIT!!!

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
That fee is nothing but pure profit for the dealership. I detest it and tend to seek out dealers who don't have them (usually ones in smaller markets).

You can thank the manufacturer and internet largely for that. Being that some cars(most of the volume oriented CARS) have 3-6% margin and a small dealer hold back, the dealer fees are a way for the dealer to retain some profit, (its also a good way not to pay salespeople their cut). Dealers that don't have the fee usually have a higher front gross avg, at least that's what central florida was like.

AzBlueMach1

Established Member
Branhammer - I just wanted to throw out a couple of things I didn't see in the thread.

You mentioned a Military discount, and you mentioned shopping around for loans. If your active duty or retired US military (or related to anyone who is), look into Navy Federal CU. You won't be able to beat their combo of rates and generous loan amounts.

Second: Trade vs sell Private party - don't forget that your trade in amount reduces your taxes on the car your buying. So, for round numbers sake, if the deal was 30k for the new car, and they gave you 2500 for your trade. the actual taxes would be on 27500, not 30k. At 7.5% tax, it would be like getting 2700 for your trade in. I would also get the KBB trade values, and see if you can find anyone with access to MMR (I think) the wholesale dealer auction reporting software - it would give you exact value on the car that the stealership is going to look to get for it. At least you could make the decision then.

I wouldn't think you would get more than 2500 private party for a 160k mile car with paint issues.

AzBlueMach1

Established Member
Haha I actually just found this spreadsheet and set it up for a 4% profit, which put a 2015 GT base final selling price at $29.760.38. I was thinking I'd shoot for around $29,500 before tax/title/tags, so this looks pretty fair to me.

Can anyone post a link to the spreadsheet?

Users who are viewing this thread