Need Advice Quick!!!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Ok, so I told this girl from another town that I would go to her prom with her and I promised her this like 2 months ago. This is where we run into the problem, last week our Bi-District baseball game had to be rescheduled to the same day. Its a doubleheader in a town that is 2 hrs away from the town I need to go to the prom at. I'm not a regular starter, but 2 of our starters are gone to a State academic meet, and I am competing for the position. Until the game got rescheduled I wouldnt have had a problem.
Here's the deal the girl is sweet, nice, and GORGEOUS, and I dont want to let her down. I figure if I do get the starting job I will make the first game and have to leave after that. If I dont get the starting job, I think I'll just skip both and go to the prom. Give me advice, should I just totally forget the prom or should I totally forget the games.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
zerocool said:
Ok, so I told this girl from another town that I would go to her prom with her and I promised her this like 2 months ago. This is where we run into the problem, last week our Bi-District baseball game had to be rescheduled to the same day. Its a doubleheader in a town that is 2 hrs away from the town I need to go to the prom at. I'm not a regular starter, but 2 of our starters are gone to a State academic meet, and I am competing for the position. Until the game got rescheduled I wouldnt have had a problem.
Here's the deal the girl is sweet, nice, and GORGEOUS, and I dont want to let her down. I figure if I do get the starting job I will make the first game and have to leave after that. If I dont get the starting job, I think I'll just skip both and go to the prom. Give me advice, should I just totally forget the prom or should I totally forget the games.
:dw:

do the prom. as elgato said, your word is gold. plus she is all above, no comment needed ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ElGato said:
Skip the game, your word is your bond, without it you are nothing.

Life is about choices.
I totally agree. Hey, you two could be looking back together 10 years from now remembering your life changing decision. Ya never know! Have fun at the prom!

2003 Silver

Banned
Go to the games....team sports require a commitment, regardless if you start or not. If you don't go...you may never get the opportunity to start again. If it was your prom....that may change my mind, but it's not.

tvguy

You "committed" yourself to your team the day you signed up. THAT is your "WORD". Not some lame ass promise to this girl. The priorities of people in this day and age amaze me.
pacotaco

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Go to the prom then tell her you have to PIIHB for missing the game, thus making you starting pitcher.

Dusten

Established Member
I agree that you need to go to the game. You made a commitment to your teammates long before you made it a girl, and it is always BRO's before HO's.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
i guess it really depends on how serious you are about basketball i mean you did make a commitment to the team....oh wait, we're talking about baseball? oh nevermind then go to the prom and forget about ****in baseball. you'll have plenty of time to play with balls with a bunch of dudes. Prom only happens once.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You made an emotional and financial agreement with this young lady. She has spent money on a dress and all that goes with the prom. You committed to her knowingyou were on a team. So you already put her before the team. If you back out now and leave her hanging your word is worth nothing!

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
her prom date didnt change.... the game did. your commitment to the team was based on the day already set... when you made a commitment to go to prom with her, you made a commitment to ditch your team if it were to be rescheduled to that day.

personally... if one of my friends (girl) got stood up for prom by some jack off cuz he wanted to play baseball... i think i'd be batting a thousand... with his teeth. :bash:

2003 Silver

Banned
Prom dates are a dime a dozen especially if you aren't even dating.....do you guys still date/marry the girl who you went to the prom with (....noting it isn't even your prom)?? I didn't think so....

Playing on a team means your teammates count on you to help everyone win together...as a team.
Next time join the fuggin' French club....... :mj:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I say go to prom. Like everyone else has stated, you gave her your word. If you had know your game was the day of her prom then that would be different.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
You made an emotional and financial agreement with this young lady. She has spent money on a dress and all that goes with the prom. You committed to her knowingyou were on a team. So you already put her before the team. If you back out now and leave her hanging your word is worth nothing!

I disagree 100%.

It has nothing to do with your word and everything to do with the sport. Sports take priority over women, hands down.

You will go through a ton of women in your life and you will only get one chance to play ball.

After your ball playing days are over, then enjoy women. Hell, I am under the impression (through experience) women aren't worth a shit until they are 30 anyway. :nonono:

tvguy

1268Melberger said:
Prom dates are a dime a dozen especially if you aren't even dating.....do you guys still date/marry the girl who you went to the prom with (....noting it isn't even your prom)?? I didn't think so....

Playing on a team means your teammates count on you to help everyone win together...as a team.
Next time join the fuggin' French club....... :mj:

Yeppers. Sounds like few in this thread have never played organized sports beyond t-ball. And if they did play into high school, they sure don't sound like teammates I would want to be around. I can't imagine telling my old coach I wanted to go to a prom instead of playing when a game was rescheduled. Of course these days parents/coaches are pussies, so ditching the team and going to a prom might be the politically correct thing to do. And being "PC" of course in this day and age means everything.
pacotaco

Last edited by a moderator:

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
I guess I just never got into team sports that expected you to change your life for a f*cking game, especially a highschool game, but if you tell someone flat out that you will be present for HER prom, and she spends the money on the dress, tickets, etc, you WILL show up and take her to prom, not ditch her. *flame suit on* It would be different if I played sports though, it has nothing to do with being PC, its just the morals I was brought up on.

2003 Silver

Banned
pacotaco said:
Yeppers. Sounds like few in this thread have never played organized sports beyond t-ball. And if they did play into high school, they sure don't sound like teammates I would want to be around. I can't imagine telling my old coach I wanted to go to a prom instead of playing when a game was rescheduled. Of course these days parents/coaches are pussies, so ditching the team and going to a prom might be the politically correct thing to do. And being "PC" of course in this day and age means everything.
pacotaco

Amen to that....I would have apologized to the girl and reimbursed her for the $ she spent. Yeah, I wonder if we changed the scenario to......"Rescheduled a Dungeons & Dragons event" and see how many would skip the prom then? ;-)

To one of the last posts regarding morals....I too, was brought up on good morals and one of them was if you join up for anything you give 100% all the time.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Touche Mel,

Guess its just hard for me to stand that girl up, when Im not even sure if Im going to start.

Users who are viewing this thread