Need exhaust Advice

03stang74

Established Member
I bought an '08 Roush about 6 Months ago and it was totally stock. I dontknow much about the 3V but I am no noob, I have owned a 04 Comp Cobra an 03 Redfire GT and so on and so fourth. I have looked at many videos and listened to many sound clips but I cant decide on what exhaust set-up to go with. Any help would be great, I want something loud but hardly any drone, crackling doesnt bother me too much as long as its not all the time, Thanks SVTP, :rockon:

JasonSnake

Established Member
Stay away from raspy/crackly exhaust like SLP, etc. Go with Borla stinger and catted h-pipe.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
The stingers have a terrible reputation for drone, although they sound great. You may want to look into a mid-muffler set up from pypes. And Corsa supposedly has no drone whatsoever but be prepared to open your checkbook. And the exhaust I have on my car drones as well. (mac axel-back + off-road H pipe)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're looking for a catback that doesn't produce drone, they're pretty much non-existent. Some produce less drone, though, than others. There is, though, a new muffler that was designed to eliminate drone, the Dynomax VT muffler. It used a spring-loaded valve to eliminate drone.
Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Dynomax VT™ Muffler

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Jason, I run SLPs I think they sound great. the quality is great too.

I run SLP long tubes, SLP catted X-pipe and SLP LM1's you can hear my exhaust in the video in my sig

Users who are viewing this thread